How long do great Danes periods last?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do great Danes periods last?

My Great Dane just started her first period at 12 mo., how long do they usually last?

Hehe period, I dont know about Danes but all our dogs can last from
    10-14 days.
    sigpic
    Brooks

Comment

Its called a heat cycle and it lasts 20 to 24 days.
      Carolyn
      Divine Acres Great Danes
      Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
      sigpic

Comment

Oh no.

Just oh no.

Andi

Comment

Ok, the caffeine has not kicked in yet, but I read the title of this thread and was thinking, puppy stage, teenage stage, like the time frame kind of period. Not the dreaded "she is a woman" period!! Need more sleep, or more coffee!!! And, I have to say, having a daughter at that age, I am so glad that Carlie was fixed when we got her. That would be way too many hormones in my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
          Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
          RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Haha CRDane! I'm sorry for laughing but it's funny! And Sadie's definitely took the longer from 20-24 days and a week before and after she still smells yummy! It's been over a week and I just took her to the dog park again and an unfixed Pit tried to hump her leg multiple times! My brother just laughed and I thought get your dog fixed! the whole time. In retrospect it was pretty pathetically funny!
            Ashley and Sadie (12 months)

Comment

There's an old saying about a bitch's seasons...A week coming in, week in, week going out. But every dog can be different.

Dee
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X