Kennel cough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennel cough

What are the symptoms? Even though Elly has gotten her vaccine I think she might have gotten it anyway. She had a cough like somethings stuck in her throat. It's not bad, I hear her cough a couple times a day.
    Thanks all.
    Rocky

Kennel Cough

It's a hacking cough. Usually gets worse with exercise. Can give cough syrup.

Comment

Hi how old is she?Is she eating drinking etc?Coughing is not aways kennel cough.

Comment

She's two and eating & drinking ok. Gave her some exercise today and she didn't cough, but just now when she was barking she did. Its like she's trying to clear her throat. Thanks for your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
          It's a hacking cough. Usually gets worse with exercise. Can give cough syrup.
          can you tell me what kind you use and what dosage?
          sigpic

Comment

just a general FYI, cough suppression in the face of a bacterial infection can set up for some SEVERE pneumonia. If I treat my kennel cough cases with cough suppressants, I usually send them home with Doxycycline just in case. Most kennel cough infections are viral and are usually self limiting.
            sigpic
            Crystal
            Owned by:
            Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
            CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
            Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
            Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Gotta take her to the vet today, just to be sure. Thanks all.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                Gotta take her to the vet today, just to be sure. Thanks all.
                Rocky
                Hi better safe than sorry.Please keep us updated.Wishing you the best outcome.

Comment

After Briar's pneumonia diagnosis....I'd say go to the vet, invest in the $300 x-ray.
                  Andi

Comment

Working...
                  X