Eye drainage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye drainage

I've notice Bentley's eyes draining a lot lately. Not sure if it is allergies or a little bit of an infection. Her eyes are draining a greenish color goop. I have been wiping her eyes, any suggestions? Is there such thing as dog allergies?
    If it persists we will take her in to get looked at.
    Thanks.

RE: Eye drainage

Yes, dogs have allergies and pollen is everywhere right now. Try benedryl and see if it dries up. If not, go to your Vet.

Comment

Since it's greenish, I'm betting pollen is naturally being washed out of the eyes. It appears to me things are working as they should.

Bill Carnes
      www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
      Dr. Tom Lonsdale

"If you won't eat what you are feeding your dog, its not good enough to feed him either."
      Bill Carnes

"Causing pain, either physical, mental, or emotional to an animal to force him to act as you think he should is wrong. Doing so only reflects the ignorance of the trainer. There IS a better way."
      Bill Carnes

Comment

Good to hear its not something I should rush her in for...Sorry if this is a stupid question but do I give her regular people benedryl? How much should I be giving her? She is 10months, right around 100 lbs.
        Thanks again...

Comment

Yes, people Benadryl, one tablet. It might make her sleepy. Give her one and see what happens concerning her eye. See if there's any better results on just one. If not repeat it twice a day for awhile.

Comment

>I've notice Bentley's eyes draining a lot lately. Not sure if
            >it is allergies or a little bit of an infection. Her eyes are
            >draining a greenish color goop.

My dogs get greenish color goop when they have an eye infection. If it starts with one eye and spreads to the other, starts small and gets worse, the dog is blinking its eyes more frequently, pawing at the eyes, seems sensitive to light, etc., I'd have it checked out by the vet. Also, if it seems to have come on all of a sudden.

Suja

Comment

She started coughing and sneezing last night. Took her to the vet this morning and $200 later she is on her way home with meds for an upper respiratory infection. She is on a cough tab, antibiotic (amoxycillin), and eye drops....should be fine after a couple days.
              Thanks for all your input!

Comment

Working...
              X