Two danes with upset tummy?.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two danes with upset tummy?.....

Tonight I fed Gabby (3 yr old female) and Pup(11 month ol male) at the usual time and usual stuff--2 chicken backs with some cchick gizzards and 1 satin ball--Pup got 4 chick backs ,as 2 of his were only partial backs and I usually give him more than her anyway....well pup did not finish--leaving 2 partial backs--sometimes he wants to go out side with Gabby first anyway my son said pup was acting funny like he wanted to throw up...then somebody threw up in ny room--they both had been in there it was just watery stuff with maybe 2 little organ chunks(very small)now this was really about an 1 hr and a 1/2 after eating....so then I noticed Gabby was drooling...so I'm thinkin it was Gabby and it was..........she wants to keep drinking water and her tummy is full I can tell. I called vet because at first I thought Gabby might be bloating but the vet said she would have the appearence of being in pain and distress..she just acts like she is nauseated to me...and now pup is acting the same way--he doesn't try to drink as much water as gabby(I have put it up now)...thye both would eat somehing else if given the oppurtunity--(my daughter is eating chips and son fed them both ice). They both have been going outside to bark at dogs that come p to our fence at night as usual. My question is could they both have a bug or something? oh my small dog also ate the same thing tonight but shows no symptoms.............should I let them drink all the water they want?

RE: Two danes with upset tummy?.....

I can tell you that while Bailey never vomited, she had loud, nasty sounding belly noises. Our vet recommended Pepcid Ac (over the counter)20mg once a day. It works wonders. No more stomach rumbling & eats fine.

Check with your vet regarding dosage, hopefully this will help! Good luck!:7
    Ruth, in honor of Bailey, Nikki & Tasha. Over the bridge but always in our hearts. Owned now by 11 month old Willow & Cheyenne, our Harl babies

Comment

Well apparently they got into my horse feed--my son fed yesterday evening and does not know how it happened but Gabby threw up last night 3 times and it was all horse feed! x( they are both fine today.......thanks for you reply!

Comment

I'm glad they're feeling better!
        My 10-yr-old Lab will scarf sweet feed every chance he gets. It always makes him throw up, but he just can't help himself...I guess it's the equivalent of doggy crack, LOL!

Kristi & Oz
        (& the rest of the critterkids) :+

[font color="FF9900" size="2" face="Arial"]Oz in 'his' '71 VW Thing:[/font]
        http://home.earthlink.net/~critter_mom/ozinvw.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Stand still and be awed by Nature...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This may be a silly question, and sorry to bud in, but dogs/animals don't realize that if something made them sick it will again? Like oh say I dunno...CAT POO!! Grrr.. x( lol just wondering?

Comment

Hello all! Does anyone know how many gizzards I should give my #120 guy? Thanks

Comment

I don't know exact number but don't over do it.. Hopefully someone will respond. try putting it under the raw diet section.
              sigpic
              Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
              Associate Member GDCNE
              Member GSPCA
              Member NAVHDA
              Member Central Maine Kennel Club
              High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
              X