Green Goobers in the eyes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Goobers in the eyes

Hey everyone, Blaze has been having a greenish discharge from his eyes, it is not a lot but what happens is the stuff dries out the skin around the top of his eye and needs to be wiped away. I have brought him to the vet and we have a cream that we are putting on the skin to keep it from drying out and cracking. We live on a dirt road and tons of pollen this yr, he has always been prone to sensitive skin issues, changes up his diet and his coat is awesome just wondering if anyone has seen this and if there is a suggestion for any type of drops etc

did the vet see the goopy eyes? a green color could indicate infection or as you say, it could just be dust. i'd try some "artificial tears" (i get a bottle at walgreen's) and if you don't see any improvement, ask your vet about Tobramycin drops. of my 4 danes, only one has goopy eyes once in a while but if i get the drops in, they clear up by the next day. the artificial tears can be used every day, the Tobramycin is for once or twice a day for a few days.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

thanks for the input I will follow up with results

Comment

let us know how it's going!
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
        X