Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKC Insurance

Hi everyone!
    We have a new puppy, Maverick coming home in a few weeks. We have a big boy Moose who's almost 3 and foolishly (also stubbornly) I never purchased pet insurance for him. I did however, keep a running tally of his medical expenses over the time we've had him which now totals $3500. Not terrible but definitely money I could've been reimbursed had we gotten insurance rather than me digging my heels in thinking "we've got this!". Fear not, I'll be adding Moose to whatever policy we end up buying..

Anyway, has anyone had experience with AKC Pet Insurance? The price is good/fair and according to their Consumer Affairs reviews, they have good ratings. My only misgiving is that many people received the policy for free so I'm a bit skeptical that they are giving an honest review. My next runner up is Embrace because they just have solid reviews and seem to be recommended by many members here on DOL as well.

Any experiences with AKC Pet Insurance?

Thanks!

Sara-- Moose's Mom

The first 30 days when you register your puppy is free after that you need to pay a premium just like you would any insurance. I had it for almost 4 years with one of my dogs.. When he got his AKC puppy STAR they gave a "good dog" discount....he also got another discount when he earned his CGC... I never had to make a claim however in researching the 7 companies available in my area they had the best coverage for the best price.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
    X