Oral Papilloma???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Papilloma???

Hey everybody. Noticed this little wart/cold sore thing on my dane's upper lip. I did some quick googling and it seems like oral papilloma? Is this right?

Ive read it will heals itself in a month? But I'm worried, as any dog owner may be. I'm afraid to take her to the vet and they charge me an unnecessarily high amount for nothing. Anybody had any experience with this?

thanks!

Yea that's exactly what it is. It'll heal on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaTheStars View Post
      Yea that's exactly what it is. It'll heal on its own.
      so you think nothing to worry about? Just let it go and she will be good? It seems like it may have gotten slightly bigger over the last week or so that I've noticed it

Comment

They can grow pretty big and look horrible but they're benign. It may even start to turn raw and ooze but that just means the body is fighting the wart virus and it'll soon start to shrink and then disappear.

Been through it a couple times with Dot. Looks worse than it actually is.

Comment

It is very contagious so make sure she doesn't drink from any public/shared water bowls.
          *Jennifer*
          Member GDC of Mid-Florida
          sigpic

Comment

So it seems like the one main one has gotten a bit bigger. It doesn't hurt her when I touch it, she doesn't flinch or anything. Unfortunately my wife found 2 or 3 more small ones in her mouth. Starting to get nervous since it still hasn't gone away. I think I might take her to the vet? Or how long does this take to go away?

Just nervous :P

Comment

Sometimes it can take 2-3 months for them to go away completely. When Ginnie had her big one it was around for at least three months before it shriveled up and went away. She now has a tiny scar from it on her lip.
              sigpic

Comment

Hello! I went through this with Varla when she was 4 months. She had a bad case! They were on her muzzle as well and would get huge and bleed. Its not uncommon and very contagious. Dont worry! She will grow out of it.

Comment

Working...
                X