My 1 year old Great Dane barely eats and is lazy through out the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1 year old Great Dane barely eats and is lazy through out the day

My one-year-old Great Dane just got finished with her first heat cycle. She has always been picky with her food, however I always found new ways to draw her attention back to it. Now for the past 2 weeks she is sleeping most of the day and will eat only about a cup of her food each day. At first I thought maybe she didn't have an appetite. For the last 3 days she has eaten maybe 2 cups of food total and is still consistently lazy. We have a vet appointment scheduled in a week and im going to get X-rays and blood work done. Her stools have been smaller and darker. More chocolate brown than the usual Graham cracker brown from her food. She has not been vomiting and when she is around other dogs she is a little calmer than usual. If anyone has experienced anything similar to this with their great Dane or have any ideas as to what can be going on, I would greatly appreciate some insight.
    Start Date
    09-07-2017
    Start Time
    09:00 PM

I would not wait a week to get her seen... I would get her seen asap.. It can be nothing serious to as serious as Pyo.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
    X