Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: is there any natural treatment for eye infections?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: is there any natural treatment for eye infections?

Hi there, I have a 3 year old fawn Great Dane, and she has an eye infection right now. I have already emailed a vet to get an appointment but I was wondering if there is any natural at home solutions I could use in the mean time to help her eye?

We do a lot of dog walking so it seems to be contagious from dog to dog and now I won't be able to take the dogs together for a little while.

I have done done a bit of research online but wondering if any of u have cured it naturally and no vet, thank you! Or incase it keeps happening... I rather not deal with $200 vet fees or more each time, thank you!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Domino - Harlequin
    Dixie - Fawn

sigpic
    Domino - Harlequin
    Dixie - Fawn

Comment

Eye infections are nothing to fool around with... they can be caused by environmental, foods, infections passed from dog to dog, genetic issues that make eyes more susceptible to infection, etc... Proper diagnosis and treatment should not cost $200.. It is important to figure out the cause and eliminate it.
      sigpic
      Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
      Associate Member GDCNE
      Member GSPCA
      Member NAVHDA
      Member Central Maine Kennel Club
      High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

A couple people had to take their dogs in at $200 vet fees with exam and meds for just eye infections.
        sigpic
        Domino - Harlequin
        Dixie - Fawn

Comment

I have always used Colloidal Silver. A couple of drops in the eye twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
            I have always used Colloidal Silver. A couple of drops in the eye twice a day.

where do u buy that?

sigpic
            Domino - Harlequin
            Dixie - Fawn

Comment

I found some collodial silver at the pet store so I picked it up thank you!
              sigpic
              Domino - Harlequin
              Dixie - Fawn

Comment

Working...
              X