Pet Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Insurance

I'm sure there have probably been a thousand threads on this topic, but with how the new site is for now, I'm unable to use the search feature.

What pet insurance company and plan are you using for your Danes? I'm torn between Healthy Paws and Embrace. I'm also looking for a Wellness plan attached to the insurance to cover most of the cost of Mia's spay and pexy in the next couple of months.

Thanks for any suggestions or tips!
    sigpic

I had Healthy Paws and switched to Embrace. I like the fact that Healthy Paws didn't have a cap, but they also don't cover the office visit fee, cost me over twice as much, and raised my rates one year in. Also Healthy Paws does not offer spay/neuter or vaccine coverage. I have been pretty happy with Embrace so far and they've covered what I expected. I did not get the Wellness Plan through Embrace, so I can't comment on it - though you'd better ask about the pexy because I don't think a preventative one will be covered at all even with a Wellness plan. You could also check out Pet Plan...I know some poodle people who have it though I don't have any personal experience with it.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

We have Embrace too and I've been really happy with it, but I wouldn't bother with wellness. It costs about $20 more a month (for $250 annual coverage), so that's paying $240 to get $250 worth of coverage. A $10 savings. And to get $650 worth of wellness coverage it would cost you an extra $50 a month, so you'd be paying $600 for $650 worth of coverage. Meh.
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Here was one of the more recent threads:

http://danesonline.com/forums/forum/...-pet-insurance
        -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Working...
        X