Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age Issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Age Issue?

    I'm thinking of getting another Dane. The bitch is now 6 years old. Is there an increase of health or intelligence related issues?

  • #2
    Originally posted by martycurt View Post
    I'm thinking of getting another Dane. The bitch is now 6 years old. Is there an increase of health or intelligence related issues?
    There could be on health depending on lines , how the dog has been cared for up to this point, etc.. as far as intelligence and trainability.. no..still highly trainable
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kahluadanes View Post
      There could be on health depending on lines , how the dog has been cared for up to this point, etc.. as far as intelligence and trainability.. no..still highly trainable
      Thanks for the response. No major genetic conditions in the line. She's been breed I believe about once a year and is my dogs mother. She is well cared for.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by martycurt View Post
        Thanks for the response. No major genetic conditions in the line. She's been breed I believe about once a year and is my dogs mother. She is well cared for.
        With any dog it is a risk health wise but a dog with a good strong healthy background and good care is at a much lower risk than one with a poor health history and/or care.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

        Comment

        Working...
        X