Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To fawn owners..... has this happened to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To fawn owners..... has this happened to you?

So when we got Rhet he had this soft fluffy light honey colored coat...... almost to the point when I bathed him that it was a thick and fluffy undercoat consistency. In the last month it has all started to fall out and this beautiful darker honey colored shorter coat is taking its place...... it's so shiny and such and much shorter....... I mean I get that he is probably blowing his coat - but the color change is amazing to me.

He is my first fawn puppy........ anyone else go through something like this?

Nala just finished blowing her puppy coat, and I seriously thought she was changing colors . she's my first fawn too and her mom is a harl though so anything can happen lol. She has always had a very dark mask that stretched all the way over her head. She's always had a strip of black down her back, and the top side of her tail from about 2 inches from the base down to the tip is black. She is a dark chestnut color now with an even darker chestnut strip down her back still with a hint of black shading.
    ~Kelsey, mom to~
    Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
    Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
    Cece- Calico 4 years
    Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
    Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Well he went to the groomer yesterday and she asked what was going on because she got another dog off of him lol (in the amount of hair).

I spoke to the breeder and he said that it's normal ..... just usually in their experience a little later than 8-9 months. But he is definitely changing colors - just to a darker fawn color. Very interesting! I feel like I own a GSD right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaisersmomma View Post
        Well he went to the groomer yesterday and she asked what was going on because she got another dog off of him lol (in the amount of hair).

I spoke to the breeder and he said that it's normal ..... just usually in their experience a little later than 8-9 months. But he is definitely changing colors - just to a darker fawn color. Very interesting! I feel like I own a GSD right now!!
        Yeah, Nala is 13 months old now and started blowing her coat at about 11 months. I brushed her out really good every two days and got a chihuahua size mound of fur each time. So be prepared, cause it can last quite a while to the point you'll ask yourself how they have any fur left lol. I love Nala's color now, I just hated the in between cause it looked like she had mange or something lol.
        ~Kelsey, mom to~
        Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
        Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
        Cece- Calico 4 years
        Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Working...
        X