Danes Online Needs Your Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
    Oh yeah, the banned hammer fell quick when I reported a spam a couple weeks ago. So sad to see you've been banned and when the ban will be lifted: NEVER! Ha. I sent a couple messages and enlisted DOL member help, and then one day (after about two weeks) suddenly, I was unbanned.
    That's insane. I won't be reporting any spam going forward. Good grief!

Comment

What is going on? I tried to PM admin about this louseco spammer, but it keeps deleting what I write and replacing it with a picture of the person's profile? It happened 3 times now.
      Last edited by jrturk; 08-11-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

So, I guess I will state the obvious. Its august 12th and there is no new "beta version". It is pretty safe to assume that the $5000 raised won't be used to contribute to DOL and those that did contribute got hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by chemist View Post
          So, I guess I will state the obvious. Its august 12th and there is no new "beta version". It is pretty safe to assume that the $5000 raised won't be used to contribute to DOL and those that did contribute got hosed.
          I'm not quite there yet, but am going to post another comment on the kickstarter page. How disappointing.

Comment

We could inquire at his work place:

http://www.riverbedmarketing.com/author/riverbed/

Comment

any updates

has anyone heard any updates at all?

Comment

They were collecting member photos via email and Facebook, that was maybe a few weeks ago? The Facebook page has a new logo.

Comment

I've given up asking for updates. I'm glad I didn't invest much money at this point.

Comment

It is being worked on and revamped... The changes are coming along a bit slower then Todd and Tracey would like but they are happening. They have a good company helping them with it all and trying to get everything done the way Paul wanted them..what he envisioned for the site. Donations have been put to good use along with a lot more from Todd & Tracey themselves.
                    sigpic
                    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
                    Associate Member GDCNE
                    Member GSPCA
                    Member NAVHDA
                    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
                    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Originally posted by kahluadanes View Post
                      It is being worked on and revamped... The changes are coming along a bit slower then Todd and Tracey would like but they are happening. They have a good company helping them with it all and trying to get everything done the way Paul wanted them..what he envisioned for the site. Donations have been put to good use along with a lot more from Todd & Tracey themselves.
                      I'm sure they are doing their thing but it's a lot slower than expected. And updates cost them nothing except a few minutes of their time.

Comment

I've got to agree with Jenn. Updates take a few minutes touch base with those that have donated to the project and let them know what is going on. OR come to the board and post an update for all to see.

I will say that I find it a bit disheartening that Khaluadanes is getting regular updates and the rest of us that have put our money in aren't being kept in the loop.
                        sigpic

Comment

Another month has gone by, and zero updates have been provided. Is the new site ever going to be completed??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                            Another month has gone by, and zero updates have been provided. Is the new site ever going to be completed??
                            I'm pretty confused about what could possibly be taking so long. While I understand that there are a lot of "moving parts" and components that go into launching a website.... Web design really isn't that difficult or time consuming at the level that a forum like this needs. It certainly shouldn't take 8 months.

It's a pretty big smack in the face to people who donated to receive absolutely NO updates, even when they're requested. And I wonder if it's a part of the reason this community has died. I'm now beginning to wonder what's the point of revamping a forum that has 10 regulars and a few new posts a week? These changes needed to happen months ago when this forum had new members posting weekly and old members responding. And the money was there, given by members who wished to see a change.

I feel like some answers beyond "sorry it's taking so long, this is complicated" need to be given.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiraeth View Post
                              I'm pretty confused about what could possibly be taking so long. While I understand that there are a lot of "moving parts" and components that go into launching a website.... Web design really isn't that difficult or time consuming at the level that a forum like this needs. It certainly shouldn't take 8 months.

It's a pretty big smack in the face to people who donated to receive absolutely NO updates, even when they're requested. And I wonder if it's a part of the reason this community has died. I'm now beginning to wonder what's the point of revamping a forum that has 10 regulars and a few new posts a week? These changes needed to happen months ago when this forum had new members posting weekly and old members responding. And the money was there, given by members who wished to see a change.

I feel like some answers beyond "sorry it's taking so long, this is complicated" need to be given.
                              I don't think they're only working on the forum, this is just part of the larger DOL website.

Comment

Originally posted by jrturk View Post
                                I don't think they're only working on the forum, this is just part of the larger DOL website.
                                I'm aware of that. I read the post and fundraiser that listed all of the changes taking place. Nothing on that list should take a professional web designer 8 months to create.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X