Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckling Over??!!! help!

Hi y'all!
    I'm new to DOL, and I have a now 8 wk. old Female merle Great Dane, properly named Dana

About a week ago I started to notice her front legs begin to bend outwards, which is super concerning to me. I have set a vet appt up for tomorrow, and I am wanting to know if any other Dane owners have had this problem.

Thank you for any advice!!
    Attached Files

They don't look all that bad but what are you feeding her? How much protein is in it?

Comment

You've had her a week already and she's only 8 weeks old? That is unfortunate. Was she a rescue or did you purchase from a breeder?

Her legs look normal from the photo you posted.
      *Jennifer*
      Member GDC of Mid-Florida
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbluedanes View Post
        You've had her a week already and she's only 8 weeks old? That is unfortunate. Was she a rescue or did you purchase from a breeder?

Her legs look normal from the photo you posted.

I was thinking the same thing! Hope you didnt buy her from a breeder!

She is cute though! Good luck with her!
        sigpic
        Doggie mom too:

Bella (maltipom) 5
        Zara (Great Dane) 1 1/2

Comment

Oh no, so young and you've had her a week already? Was she a rescue? I agree her front legs don't look bad but watch out for the protein/calcium levels at such a young age.
          sigpic 6/20/14 Parros

Comment

She looks about 6 weeks in the pic. Is it recent? Agree that her legs look fine in that pic.
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

If this is your first visit to the vet with your Dane, I would make sure they have experience with Danes. Our regular vet has been amazing with our two little dogs, but after we got Kakarot we found out he had very limited experience with Danes. He had never dealt with any kind of knuckling problem (we didn't have an issue just asked about it).

Comment

Working...
              X