Question on size!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on size!

I have been lurking around here for some time but never really found what I am looking for...I have an 8 month old female mantle who is currently 28.5 inches and weighs around 80 pounds. Is this about normal/right for her age? Her mom was about 120 and her dad was 205. She is a very lanky block headed dane. I'm not hoping for her to be a huge 200 pounder or anything I just want her to be a "normal" size dane! The vet says she looks amazing so no concern there just looking for some advice! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she could be a little on the smaller or petite size...... but that does not mean that she won't sprout up and get bigger.
    the daddy I would be interested to see 205 seems rather heavy to me...

we have some Danes here that are 2 years old and 39.5" tall and weight about 175 ish

While we have Danes that are 3+ years old and the same size they were when they were 7 months old.

the point is as long as she is healthy - she will grow to what ever her genetics tell her to grow too.
    sigpic
    Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
    Titan - GD
    Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
    Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
    Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

It's hard to predict but I'd say sshe'd be bout mommas size

chart says maybe 8 months they average it around 80 - 115lbs. So she's fine maybe on the lower end but. hat's for females anyways

height for 8 months 27"-34". At 28" now I think you could be looking at a 32 or 33" adult height. but again all grow differently. my boy was 33" at around that age. Now he's almost 5. He's 34.5"
      Last edited by Lacey; 08-26-2014, 12:56 PM.
      sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Working...
      X