Couple of questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

Let me start out by saying I have read post since day one of having my wonderful dane boy Sampson. He just turned a year old and as part of my familyand I having fun with him...and us of course we love to teach him new games such as we cover our eyes and say where is Sampson or where did Sampson go. My question is this an appropriate type game to teach him? He loves playing this game and as soon as he sees we are covering our eyes he is anxious to show us he is there and wanting to show how smart he is. Also I have also decided I would love to have another dane in our family . I'm just a little concerned with which way age wise should I consider with him being young still. Older or younger? Thank you for all advice

I don't know about a game like that. I can't imagine why it would cause a problem though.

As for another Dane--if you feel you're up to it why don't you get an older rescue Dane? Older meaning just not a puppy. That's what I'm planning on doing in a year or two.
    Dane babies:
    Zuri (7/10/2013)
    RIP Kona (10/01/2007-07/03/2013)

Comment

As long as your peek-a-boo game doesn't foster an unfavorable response, I would say it should be just fine. Apollo and I play random little games like that all the time; he'll be in a fit of the zoomies in my living room and I'll crawl really slow into his path, so he skids to a stop and actually talks to me through wines and half barks, so I'll talk back to him asking why he always talks back to me. Ha, we annoy the out of my boyfriend, but we have fun, so I don't really care.

Is this your first Dane? If it is, I would recommend you wait a while until Sampson really grows up and you get the full experience, just IMO. I would like another Dane as well, but I'm going to wait until Apollo is at least a year before I do.
      -- Katelyn

sigpic
      Apollo

Comment

It is wise to wait until your current Dane is 2 or older to add another dog.
        sigpic
        RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
        Levi...born June 29th, 2011
        Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
        Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
        https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

Originally posted by KatieRae View Post
          As long as your peek-a-boo game doesn't foster an unfavorable response, I would say it should be just fine. Apollo and I play random little games like that all the time; he'll be in a fit of the zoomies in my living room and I'll crawl really slow into his path, so he skids to a stop and actually talks to me through wines and half barks, so I'll talk back to him asking why he always talks back to me. Ha, we annoy the out of my boyfriend, but we have fun, so I don't really care.

I do the same thing with Titan, I colme home and greet the boys and titan rumbles at me and and I ask how his day was and he tells me all about it... I know it seems counter productive, but I felt that by teaching his to speak on command will keep the random barking at bay.... we are now working on I love you... and he rumbles back to me... its cute and fun!
          sigpic
          Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
          Titan - GD
          Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
          Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
          Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Working...
          X