No announcement yet.

Life-Span & Intelligence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope! I don't mind at all! Kinda a dead thread anyway.

All I can really think of is that you avoid the fines and can take them to places requiring registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -- Katelyn

sigpic
    Apollo

Comment

Depends on where you're taking the dog or doing with him. I board Ferg a lot for the day while traveling, and have to prove he's had all his shots. Obedience classes, shows, etc can and will ask for proof. I believe you have to have proof of shots to get a CGC too, but maybe I'm thinking of AKC Star Puppy.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Evaluators do not need proof of vaccines for either the CGC or the STAR puppy.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

I was told by the elvaluator you need proof of Rabies and proof of dog liscence for TDI test.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
            Most of my danes live to be 12. I have extended their life span by feeding a raw diet and giving minimum vaccines.

The other day while taking my other dog Daisy to the vet, he (the vet) asked about Bentley. He suggested we bring him in right away and get his second round of vaccines. I told him I was waiting because I had read several articles online that suggested that you shouldn't give them all their vaccines so young.

He told me it was all BS and that I should always talk to him before deciding because he knew best and everyone on the internet was misinformed. I however do not believe that vets are right 100% of the time and the internet can be a very useful tool!

Do you have any articles you've read or can you explain yourself why it's a bad idea to give them so many? Also which ones did you give your Danes? I really just want to do what's best for Bentley. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ematlock View Post
              I was told by the elvaluator you need proof of Rabies and proof of dog liscence for TDI test.
              You do for TDI but not for CGC or Puppy Star.
              sigpic
              Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
              Associate Member GDCNE
              Member GSPCA
              Member NAVHDA

Comment

Originally posted by LunaBunaa View Post
                The other day while taking my other dog Daisy to the vet, he (the vet) asked about Bentley. He suggested we bring him in right away and get his second round of vaccines. I told him I was waiting because I had read several articles online that suggested that you shouldn't give them all their vaccines so young.

He told me it was all BS and that I should always talk to him before deciding because he knew best and everyone on the internet was misinformed. I however do not believe that vets are right 100% of the time and the internet can be a very useful tool!

Do you have any articles you've read or can you explain yourself why it's a bad idea to give them so many? Also which ones did you give your Danes? I really just want to do what's best for Bentley. Thank you for your time.
                I am very sure that your vet got information on vaccines & over vaccinating. It has been written in many vet articles. Some vets just turn a blind eye to it. Dr Dodds & Dr Ron Schultz among many others info on vaccines, over vaccinating and not doing too many vaccines at once are all out there and have been shared with vets. Also there have been many conferences & seminars on this very thing for vets all over the country. I have attended a couple along with staff & the vets I work for. All the vet schools recommend Dr Dodds protocol.
                sigpic
                Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
                Associate Member GDCNE
                Member GSPCA
                Member NAVHDA

Comment

Working...
                X