No announcement yet.

10 pound female at 8 weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the pics of your pup, I would guess your pup is closer to 6 weeks old. Magnum was about 17 lbs at 6 weeks. When we brought him home at 8 weeks old, he weighed about 21 lbs. It may also be that your pup is just naturally on the small side and there is nothing wrong with that. We struggled with what dog food was best to feed Magnum. It seemed every brand of dog food had it's good and bad points. In the end we switched Magnum over to raw when he was 12 weeks old and never looked back. There is only one brand of raw.
    sigpic

Comment

If she's healthy I wouldn't worry about the weight at all. My female dane was 12lbs at 8 weeks, she came from a good breeder and was definitely 8 weeks (got my first pics of her at 2 days old), but she was born small (only 8oz, compared to her normal 1-2lbs siblings) stayed small through most of her puppyhood. I assumed she'd be one of those girls that stayed little, teetering on the 100lb mark. So was quite surprised when on a vet visit at 11 months she weighed in at 106! As an adult she was 34 in and her healthy weight was around 130lbs (she got a bit pudgy when she got older). I lost her last June at 10 years and 7 months, and she was always a healthy and happy girl.

Your baby will be whatever size her genetics say she'll be, nothing you can do about that, just take good care of her and she'll grow like she should, big or small.

Comment

Update

I got in touch via the forum with someone who purchased her brother (how cool is that?! lol ) from speaking with her brother's mommy I have learned that her age was correct she is just small for her age. She was REALLY skinny when I got her and has chunked out quite a bit already. I weighed her the other day and she was 18 pounds! I am not force feeding her or feeding her too much. She is fed three square meals a day and has a lot of play time with her doggy brother and myself.

Comment

I just love her face!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic
          Paula
          Mom to Zeus 10/6/2005
          Jackson 12/8/2012

Comment

Working...
          X