funny things your dane has done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny things your dane has done

Are there any funny things your dane has done that just makes you laugh? My first dane big Al had quite a few of those moments. One time, in the summer, when we were living in the second story of an appartment there were construction workers fixing the outside of our building. It was a really.nice day so I left the glass door about six inches open with the screen shut. I went outside to go swimming and Al started barking LOUD. All the guys working stopped and looked. He was jumping up and down at the door barking like crazy and this dog was not your average size dane, think big george. We always said we should measure him. Anyway about two seconds later i see him moving the glass door open more. At this point all the workers took about five steps back. Granted they were on the ground and he was two stories up, but a big dog is scary I guess. then all of a sudden he jumped again and pushed out the screen door. Now i didn't think that was to funny, until I saw all the workers run as fast as they could to their cars, put on their construction light on which look like police lights and high tail it out of there. Funny thing is about five minutes later i got upstairs, fixed the screen, and decided to take Al for a walk once I got outside the manager was there. She was petting Al and said what the heck happened to the workers I came to see how it was going. I just looked at her and said I think they went on break.

They both make me laugh every day.
    I especially find it funny when Apollo gets excited, he"ll spin around in tight circles. He looks like a bucking bull.
    And when Anaka gets a treat, she dances around, again in circles, usually three times, before consuming the treat.
    I got to get them on video someday.
    "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

The silly faces mine makes. If I stare at him he raises his jowels, tilts his head, wrinkles his forehead, and gives me these goofy looks. It always makes me laugh. The most amazing thing he does is read me like a book. I cannot fool this dog. He knows everything I am thinking. I cannot get away with hiding the bottle of shampoo or whatever. He always knows what I am up to.

Comment

Never a dull moment in this house! Something new almost everyday Check out the video I posted earlier today in the video thread.
        sigpicLexi...Forever in my heart. 2005 - 2011

Comment

My dogs read minds. We will plan, maybe on Wednesday night, to take the dogs on a nice long walk Sunday afternoon at 1pm. No one mentions it again. Saturday comes and goes and everything is normal. Sunday morning, nothing out of the ordinary happens. Sunday early afternoon, maybe I'm sweeping the floor, doing laundry, THINKING about getting ready to go for the fun walk (but doing nothing physical that might clue them in) and the dogs start staring at me. Won't settle down. Follow me. Alert, tippy toe stance. Whining. Yipping. Full-blown howls (from the huskies) Burning around the kitchen, entry, kitchen, entry...all the while watching me like I'm some sort of strange, fun, circus act that will produce DOG HEAVEN if they only stare at me hard enough to sear holes right through my body.

HOW do they know??!!
          Tracy
          sigpic
          Mouse April 2010
          Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

I think the funniest thing Milly has done where we all laughed hysterically was when she jumped in the tub with my daughter as a puppy. Other memorable moments include running out of the master bedroom with a brightly colored thong over head, covering her eyes during a family gathering and then there was the time recently she excavated a 4x6 foot hole in the ground and laid in it. When she came out she looked like a black dane. We figured she was after the moles. I will have to post a pic later. She makes me laugh every single day<3

--
            Last edited by MillyVanilly; 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM.

~Jeanne, Jason & Emily(6)-The Humans~
            Milly-Harl GD,
            Tank, Tigra Cougie & Jax-The Cat Crew
            www.valparasiokennelclub.com

Comment

yep, these dogs are silly puppies... Daisy does crazy stuff all the time. The funniest thing lately was today, she wanted out, but I am limiting that, because she is recouping from spaye/pex/chip surgery. just 2 days out of it. Anyway, since she couldn't go out she gets up on the couch and starts doing that front feet bouncing on the cushions. Like 10 times in a row before I could make her stop, then as soon as I sit down, she starts doing it again on the padded arm of the couch. She does this with her squeeky's alot on the floor, but it was more like,"If you wont let me out I am going to kick this couches A&&." So we ended up outside. go figure.
              sigpic

2 adults 39 yrs., 1 teen 14 yrs., 1 boxer-Copper Brown 7 1/2 yrs. old, and 1 Dane-Daisy Mae 2years old

Comment

Phineas finds a way to make me laugh every day. However, my husband has found his new antic to be fairly humerous. I am 5'0 tall and Phineas head standing straight up is just below my arm pit at 9 months old. Obviously he walks faster than me too. He has decided that if I don't move fast enough for him he will help me. Usually it's when we are going down the hall. Instead of passing me, he puts his forehead on my rear end and pushes me down the hall as if to say, "Get moving!". He is a cute turd!
                sigpic

Comment

We had 1/2 an inch of snow last week. Ayla hates the cold, and did not want to go outside, but wanted to play in the snow. She would go to the door, and paw at it. I opened the door to let her out, and she would stretch her neck out and grab a big mouthful of snow with the rest of her body inside. It did not take me long to figure out that she did NOT want out, she just wanted me to hold the door opened for her so she could eat snow. She tried her trick all day long. Boy can that girl hold it when it is cold out. Finally, Milo was able to bribe her to come out and play.
                  Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
                  Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
                  RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Great Danes: Is there anything they do that is not funny? They can make something as everyday simple as taking a nap into a comedy routine.

Comment

Originally posted by reynosa_k9's View Post
                      Great Danes: Is there anything they do that is not funny? They can make something as everyday simple as taking a nap into a comedy routine.
                      haha this is so true!!! i dont know how they sleep so well.. upside down, twisted and paw(s) straight in the air!!!

Comment

That's why I will always have danes in the future. Maggie was my first dane and Annie my second, I"M HOOKED! The are just so darn goofy and funny! I'm in love with the breed and a line my family hears so often is "You won't believe what the girls did today...."

When I lived in my old apartment we had many Indian neighbors(people from India, not native americans) I got Maggie at 7weeks old. She is a small girl and was never "Dane size" and still isn't. Indians aren't too chummy with dogs as over in their country there are more strays than pets(that steal your food,attack people,and used for food... etc) Well If I was ever coming out of my apartment and my neighbor was coming out of her apartment across from me she would wait until Maggie and I got ALL the way down the 3 flights of stairs before she'd even come out of her door.Likewise on walks Indian people/neighbors would cross the street to avoid walking near Maggie(I'm talking Maggie at 6months and 45lbs...) Not to mention when Maggie was 7weeks old(I only had her for 3 days) I was letting her run around the apartment grounds near my place since she's a puppy and stayed near me. There is a walking path near the place she was playing. Along comes an indian woman,her husband, and a baby in stroller. Maggie takes one look and bounds over. The lady shrieks(like a mastiff is snarling after her) and she quickly scoops up the baby and turns her back to us and the father literally starts to back away from his family. At 7weeks Maggie was 10lbs...I apoligized immensly but never have I seen someone get scared of a PUPPY!
                        sigpic
                        "My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hawk loves to carry things, anything. Especially mommies things.
                          Nothing like looking outside and seeing a 160lb Dane running around with a bra hanging out of his mouth.
                          Glad I don't have neighbours!
                          Teresa
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdogmom55 View Post
                            Hawk loves to carry things, anything. Especially mommies things.
                            Nothing like looking outside and seeing a 160lb Dane running around with a bra hanging out of his mouth.
                            Glad I don't have neighbours!
                            Haha that's funny!!

Comment

These stories are funny. Murphy is my first Dane and he is the funniest puppy I've ever had. I can't imagine what he is going to be like as he grows up.

To the OP, Tracey, while he hasn't read my mind yet, I did have a boxer that I would be working on my computer with her in the room and would just think, "hmm, I should give Emma a bath," not even looking at her and she'd BOLT! I always thought dogs can read our minds, but that made me a firm believer.
                              Karen - Myles, Keegan, Clare and Murphy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X