X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaime291
    started a topic Zoom Groom- which color

Zoom Groom- which color

I am going to try the Zoom Groom. Does it matter which color I get? Does one color work better than another?

Also! I had one of these when Marley was a puppy and it didn't seem to work well. What is the best technique in using this tool? I don't think I used it properly at all and would like to try again.
    Thanks!

• LadyD
    replied
    Mine is green & has an outline of a dog, got mine about a month ago maybe a new color.

Leave a comment:

• BigLittleSmall
    replied
    Originally posted by Ward View Post
    There's a green one?? I'd like a green one...
    haha .. well you better dash over to ebay! haha

Leave a comment:

• Amiabull
    replied
    I have a blue and a green. They seem to be the same as far as know. Just keep them out of reach! My blue one has a couple teeth marks on it

Leave a comment:

• Danewillow
    replied
    We have a blue one (which is AWOL right now) and a pink one. They're exactly the same.

Leave a comment:

• AshieLu
    replied
    I have the blue one and never had a problem using it on any of my dogs or the neighbors dogs. LOL! I have even used it on my dad's Australian Shepherd.

Leave a comment:

• Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLittleSmall View Post
    I just bought one on ebay for like $5 .. I got the green one! And since Bain had the liquid poops again .. he gets to get a bath with one when I get home (since he is sitting in his crate right now with a rear end covered in poop *blech*)
    There's a green one?? I'd like a green one...

Leave a comment:

• mp
    replied
    I could never get Zoom Grooms to work for me.

I use rubber curries (currys?), but I'm particular about which kind. Like specific colors, too, but more importantly, I like a fliexible rubber curry with small, U-shaped teeth. I've worn out several. Don't like the more rigid curries with the pointed teeth. There are subtle variations in Dane coats, and different grooming tools work better with specific dogs.

Also from the tack shop, have horse brushes with two bristle weights -- one for knocking off sand and one for final coat polishing -- and two kinds of sweat blades -- one wooden and one plastic (raspbery colored!) for removing water after bathing. i use the plastic one more often. As mentioned earlier, these things are much cheaper at the tack shop.

Found a curry-like rubber brush at PetSmart a while back. It's small, shaped like a long, narrow triangle, has long nubbin-like "teeth", and a rubber blade for water removal. Works great scrubbing during bathing.

mp

Leave a comment:

• jaime291
    replied
    I got the pink one tonight and boy did Marley need it! Yikes! It worked so well Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Dippy
    replied
    Just rushed to e-bay to buy one. I'm such a nerd! I got blue though!

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    Zoom Grooms come in various colors for both dogs & cats. I have a green, a blue & a red dog shaped for the dogs. I also have a blue & a red cat shapped for the cats.

On colors for horses...they do make colored rubber curries for horses as well..I have several colors of those as well from when my daughter & sons were showing (before college, marriage, etc )

Dale

Leave a comment:

• BigLittleSmall
    replied
    Originally posted by autumnroyal View Post
    We dont bother with zoomgrooms. We use the plain old black rubber curries. Never saw the point in spending so much $$ to get the stupid thing dog shaped
    lol .. for me it's because I want a certain color .. just like with collars and leashes. I'm willing to spend a little more to get the color I want lol.

Leave a comment:

• audreys
    replied
    If you can't find a Zoom Groom, you can use a rubber curry brush for horses. Pretty much the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I have been using a rubber curry for years and it works great!

Leave a comment:

• autumnroyal
    replied
    We dont bother with zoomgrooms. We use the plain old black rubber curries. Never saw the point in spending so much $$ to get the stupid thing dog shaped when we can get the horse ones for $2. Our poor horses have lost most of their grooming stuff to the dogs!!

Leave a comment:

• BigLittleSmall
    replied
    I just bought one on ebay for like $5 .. I got the green one! And since Bain had the liquid poops again .. he gets to get a bath with one when I get home (since he is sitting in his crate right now with a rear end covered in poop *blech*)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X