Zoom Groom- which color

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by autumnroyal View Post
    We dont bother with zoomgrooms. We use the plain old black rubber curries. Never saw the point in spending so much $$ to get the stupid thing dog shaped
    lol .. for me it's because I want a certain color .. just like with collars and leashes. I'm willing to spend a little more to get the color I want lol.
    sigpic
    A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Zoom Grooms come in various colors for both dogs & cats. I have a green, a blue & a red dog shaped for the dogs. I also have a blue & a red cat shapped for the cats.

On colors for horses...they do make colored rubber curries for horses as well..I have several colors of those as well from when my daughter & sons were showing (before college, marriage, etc )

Dale
      sigpic
      Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
      Associate Member GDCNE
      Member GSPCA
      Member NAVHDA
      Member Central Maine Kennel Club
      High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Just rushed to e-bay to buy one. I'm such a nerd! I got blue though!
        sigpic
        Mom to:
        Danes Kobe and Sabre.

Dachshunds Penny and Otto.
        Pit Bulls Brees and Crystal.
        Chihuahua puppy Jersey.
        5 year old princess Ariel.

Comment

I got the pink one tonight and boy did Marley need it! Yikes! It worked so well Thanks everyone!

Comment

I could never get Zoom Grooms to work for me.

I use rubber curries (currys?), but I'm particular about which kind. Like specific colors, too, but more importantly, I like a fliexible rubber curry with small, U-shaped teeth. I've worn out several. Don't like the more rigid curries with the pointed teeth. There are subtle variations in Dane coats, and different grooming tools work better with specific dogs.

Also from the tack shop, have horse brushes with two bristle weights -- one for knocking off sand and one for final coat polishing -- and two kinds of sweat blades -- one wooden and one plastic (raspbery colored!) for removing water after bathing. i use the plastic one more often. As mentioned earlier, these things are much cheaper at the tack shop.

Found a curry-like rubber brush at PetSmart a while back. It's small, shaped like a long, narrow triangle, has long nubbin-like "teeth", and a rubber blade for water removal. Works great scrubbing during bathing.

mp

Comment

Originally posted by BigLittleSmall View Post
              I just bought one on ebay for like $5 .. I got the green one! And since Bain had the liquid poops again .. he gets to get a bath with one when I get home (since he is sitting in his crate right now with a rear end covered in poop *blech*)
              There's a green one?? I'd like a green one...
              Charlotte, Zack (Blue Harlequin GD), and Grey (Russian Blue mix Cat)

sigpic
              Follow Zack's blog: http://wisdombyzack.wordpress.com/

Comment

I have the blue one and never had a problem using it on any of my dogs or the neighbors dogs. LOL! I have even used it on my dad's Australian Shepherd.
                ~Amy~

Comment

We have a blue one (which is AWOL right now) and a pink one. They're exactly the same.
                  Julie
                  Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
                  RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
                  Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a blue and a green. They seem to be the same as far as know. Just keep them out of reach! My blue one has a couple teeth marks on it

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      There's a green one?? I'd like a green one...
                      haha .. well you better dash over to ebay! haha
                      sigpic
                      A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Mine is green & has an outline of a dog, got mine about a month ago maybe a new color.
                        sigpicDiane & Zeus

Comment

Working...
                        X