IT's Official :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT's Official :(

IT's Official My Beloved Goliath is GONE ... I had to leave and someone dropped off something at my house and goliath was out of his crate and he got out. I am so sad it's been 2 months and I have put all types of flyers out but no luck I went to the animal shelther and NOTHING. Even If he was arould people would not give him back for nothing. I wish I would had got him chipped I didn't want to belive it but I see he's gone now.

Wow, I'm so sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

omg... my heart is broken for you.
      sigpic

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost two, 10 month old GSP pups in 2000. They were highly trained and stunning animals. I searched for them for a year. I even hired a pet finding service. I mounted a country wide search to no avail. In my small town I am still known as "the woman who lost her dogs". In my case they were taken, and had collars with tags that stated my information. People that find "valuable" dogs and do not return them are garbage in my book. My sons were 7 and 9 at the time and were devastated. To this day I still wonder where they ended up and what kind of life they led. If it makes you feel any better the pet finding service told me it is not unusual to find a dog up to a year later. You are in my thoughts... and I will pray you find your sweet love.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
        ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
        <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

I am soooo sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! I too now how you feel I had an 18 month old Pomeranian Stolen right out of my home right under my nose searched for her for over a year.... It's been 4 years now and not a day goes by that I don't wonder what kind of life is she living....
          Last edited by Purple Raine; 07-21-2010, 02:32 PM.
          Teresa n
          sigpic

Comment

Please people get you dane chipped I wish I would have done it and now I going to be an example

Comment

I am so sorry.

I had a Rottie puppy taken from a pen behind my house and then again later I had a Black and Tan coonhound stolen.
              --Vickie--
              sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
              Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

How horrible! I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I pray that even though it's been 2 months you will find your boy and he will be back home soon.
                sigpic
                Tracy ~ wife(to Marshall) & mom to 3 skin kids (Devin, Cameron, Kaiden) & 2 fur kids (Cain & Leda) RIP my sweet Breech 8-12-09 to 9-18-10.

Comment

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow, I'm so sorry....but don't give up hope!!!!!
                    Katie & Scarlett
                    sigpic

Comment

keep searching, when I worked at an animal shelter, dogs who were missing for over a year occasionally found owners when adoption photo was put up, I would take occasional trips to the local dog parks and keep an eye on shelter and rescue sites. Most runaways are found by caring folks who just don't think to contact shelters because they fear dog will be PTS, so he is most likely somewhere safe, maybe someday you'll recross paths.

Comment

I know you said you put flyers up but did you ever advertise on craigslist? I am always checking the lost dog ads to make sure if I've seen the dog or I"ll try to keep an eye out for it. I wouldn't give up! I'm sorry this has happened to you.
                        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

yes I did,it only last a week so I have to keep puting it on there

Comment

I know how heartbreaking it is just not knowing As others said tho -- continued advertising might work.

In addition to CL, Petfinder has a lost/found section that can be used and allows a pic to be put up.

I would also recommend taking flyers with his picture to vets/groomers in the area, and even mailing to others further out (if a larger city).

I don't know if you also checked rescues in addition to the shelter, but it may be worth a shot (breed specific and all breed).

And if there is a dane meetup or dog parks near you -- share Goliath's info/pix.

You can also run an ad in the paper, not just the lost/found section. And maybe see if tv/radio has a spot for special pet stories like this.

Good luck and will keep positive thoughts !
                            Mrs Emery
                            AKC Canine Ambassador
                            Member GDCA - resource/referral
                            GOPDC - Public Education Coordinator

Comment

OK I am going to be the token psycho here. Many apologies.

Have you thought about contacting an animal communicator? Some of them can be helpful with locating lost dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X