Puppy Weight Vs Present Weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geus412 View Post
    Thanks!!! Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!! We are going tomorrow(vet).. I hope and pray its something fixable.. he is acting good.. sleeping a lot today.. but we have been busy! He is eating great... but is bloated looking.. but I can see ribs and hip bones... so something is going on.. Thanks again!
    Thank you and you are most welcome Hope to see pictures of your baby soon! I will keep him in my prayers for tomorrow!
    sigpic~♥Kelly♥~Mom to my human son ♥Justin♥ male Boxer ♥Ramesses♥ female Dane ♥Sookie♥ male French Mastiff ♥Dakota♥ and female Mini Schnauzer ♥Romi♥

Comment

puppy weight

Hi there,

I have a 4 1/2 mo. old blue great dane male. He was 40 lbs. when I got him at 11 weeks. He has steadily gained 7-8 lbs. each week since (except only 4 lbs. last week). He is now 69.3 lbs. at 18 weeks. Hope this helps?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_sMommy View Post
        Thank you and you are most welcome Hope to see pictures of your baby soon! I will keep him in my prayers for tomorrow!

he has gained 1lbs in the 3 days we have had him.... good? he has coccidia and some worms.. he is on Albon.. so HOPEFULLY we can get some weight on this boy... Thanks so much !
        Nicole

Comment

Hummer--24lbs at 8 wks
          67lbs at 4 mos
          Attached Files

Comment

Just at the vet today!!
            he was 14lbs at 8wks (thats when we got him)
            today hes 47lbs at 17wks

he gains 2.5-3lbs weekly, you can watch him growing lol

Comment

Newman was 12 lbs at 8 weeks and now only 32lbs at 14 weeks. But he is almost 19 inches. I hope he catches up soon

Comment

People worry too much about weight...weight is just a number... what they need to worry about is body condition. A Dane puppy should be lean with the last 2-3 ribs visible.... they should have a well defined waist not only as a pup but as an adult. As pups they should have slow steady growth... during times of more rapid growth the hips/spine may be slightly visible..a small increase in food should help.. A Dane pup should never be over fed nor should they be chunky both can lead to serious growth issues.. Danes will grow in height on average until they are 2 years of age but that can range from 12 months to 3 years depending on bloodlines.. They don't fill out on average until 18 months to 4 years of age again depending on bloodlines. There are variables even among littermates... It isn't just parents that they can take after but others in the line as well (Grands, great Grands, etc)
                sigpic
                Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
                Associate Member GDCNE
                Member GSPCA
                Member NAVHDA
                Member Central Maine Kennel Club
                High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
                X