Dane pups, boys or girls..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dane pups, boys or girls..

Does your lil' one whinge and whine all day? sooks about everything?
    Just wondering if anyone else has not only a talkative pup, but a whingey whiney one?

I've found danes to be more vocal than other dogs we've had, and definitely expressive.

But no, Breez did not whine all day.
    If your puppy is whining constantly she/he may be bored? Even little ones need mental and physical stimulation - not as much as the older pups, but they still need it
    Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
    - Anatole France

Comment

he does it even while doing training, or I put treats in treat balls and soon he stops and just looks at me whinging and whineing... i hide toys in other rooms and try get him to go find (this isn't going well, maybe too young?)
      he's got a staffy brother who plays with him.. even when they play Jasper just whinges and whines at him.. we go for plays in the garden etc
      I've been around other Danes/ Dane pups, just haven't heard so much from a young chap before

what else can I do when he also needs his sleep?
      he's 13wks so not ready for outside world yet (I want him fully vaccinated first)

Comment

Originally posted by Loves.Danes View Post
        he's 13wks so not ready for outside world yet (I want him fully vaccinated first)
        BUT MOM!!!! I want to go outside! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

I have a chatty man! Artemis was very quiet.
        Aadan 12 mo.!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amglover View Post
          BUT MOM!!!! I want to go outside! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

I have a chatty man! Artemis was very quiet.
          I was just coming on here to post about Aadan. He is so talkative, it cracks me up. Yesterday, we were in the river, and EJ splashed Reilly's belly to get the mud off, and Aadan complained and ran over to get his belly splashed, as well (how dare his daddy splash Reilly's belly and not his?!). He talks to the other dogs, he talks to all of us, and he really talks a LOT to EJ. I find it absolutely adorable.
          Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
          Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
          RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loves.Danes View Post
            Don't wait on socializing him - get him out & about now. Just avoid places like dog parks for now. Early socialization is very, very important.
            Bev
            Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
            sigpic

Comment

I have a whiny guy. Since the very beginning he's been whiny. Usually it's to get something he wants.

I'm not really sure what "whingey" means?
              Charlotte, Zack (Blue Harlequin GD), and Grey (Russian Blue mix Cat)

sigpic
              Follow Zack's blog: http://wisdombyzack.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post

I'm not really sure what "whingey" means?

Whinging is complaining, protesting. Its British - but since the OP also said sooks, which I think is more common down under, I'm guessing this is an Aussie Dane.

To answer the question, no, none of my Danes nor any of my fosters have been like this. Maybe I'm just intolerant of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bev_K View Post
                  Don't wait on socializing him - get him out & about now. Just avoid places like dog parks for now. Early socialization is very, very important.
                  have been going to Pet stock, Petbarn, puppy play dates with a mates dog.

Comment

Originally posted by alicat613 View Post
                    Whinging is complaining, protesting. Its British - but since the OP also said sooks, which I think is more common down under, I'm guessing this is an Aussie Dane.

To answer the question, no, none of my Danes nor any of my fosters have been like this. Maybe I'm just intolerant of it.
                    and that's the result of my parents being poms! ha,ha!

I don't want to tell him off for making these noises as I rely on them during the night to wake me up for toilet training or other times.

If he sooks when I leave the room I ignore it. If he sooks at his Staffy brother while playing I don't give it attention, I'm not trying to fuel it all...
                    If he's in a cheeky mood and I'm saying "no" to something he'll "roo-roo" sometimes. I press on with a stern "No" and "go to bed" which he normally does.

Staffys are supposed to be a very talkative breed also.. our boy is VERY quiet.

so I guess I've got a quiet Staffy and very talkative/ expressive Dane.

Comment

Lyla is 6 years old and still talks A LOT! She will whine and make little noises to me if she's bored or sad or hungry... she's a typical girl, you know what's on her mind I assume her prior owners never taught her otherwise... and probably got fed up with it, too. I love it.

My boyfriend haaaates it though... and so did the ex-roomies....

Comment

lol I think it can be so cute when dogs in general `talk`to us. ^.^

Comment

Elton was a super whiney puppy, he's still vocal but not nearly as bad as he was.

Comment

Oliver is a whiney boy. In fact...I typically call him Whiney Boy and he answers to it.

He whines bc hes not aloud in the kitchen, he whines when hes not aloud in the trash, he stand by the door and whines, he watches tv and whines, he whines at his toys, he barks at the mirror, he whines at other dogs...hes just a whiney boy.

Its quite annoying at times, but eventually you get used to it. Squirt bottles work well...although if you arent holding the bottle then he still whines. I have multi colored ones around the house. I dont spray him of course if hes playing with his toys or other dogs...just when hes being a punk. Im trying to cook dinner and he lays on the carpet in the living room and whines at me over the bar...irritating.

Oliver has developed different (yet similar) whines for different things. Hes restless/bored whine, differs from his toy time whine. His complaining about being told 'no' whine is also different.

Danes and dogs are just all different.
                            I love my Dane

Comment

Faust was an incredibly whiny puppy as well. He did grow out of it but it took traing for sure and was not a miracle. It drove me crazy at times.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X