Did You Track Your Dane's Growth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Track Your Dane's Growth?

Last night, I watched Kimba's daily growth video and just watch Zephyr's. I got me wondering....did anybody else track their Dane's growth? How did you do it?

After I had had Crash a few weeks, my brother suggested marking a spot on the wall and dating every mark. (Our Grandparents did it to us when we were kids.)

I took this the other day...this is my mini poodle, Helmet. The second to the smallest mark is actually his....we normally have then stand there and mark from the withers, but Helmet wasn't feeling standing...

So how did ya'l track growth?
    sigpic

Same way. I marked it on the wall every week, along with the date and his age. I also went to the vet's office and used their scale every week.
    Charlotte, Zack (Blue Harlequin GD), and Grey (Russian Blue mix Cat)

sigpic
    Follow Zack's blog: http://wisdombyzack.wordpress.com/

Comment

I marked the wall too.
      sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

I have been taking photos of Nova sitting on the stairs since we've had her. Now that she is 9 months and her growth has slowed the photos don't look much different. But at the beginning it was working pretty well.

We only did the stairs because she likes to sit there, there wasn't another position or place we could get her in often enough to catalog each month.

Even pushing her against the wall doesn't work because she turns around to look or looks down and her shoulders end up sloping or dipping.

She's a brat, lol.
        sigpic

*bethany*
        Nova - 3 yr old Great Dane
        Pepper - 9 yr old Chihuahua
        Mable - 4 yr old Great Dane Rescue

Comment

I tracked Gunner by sitting him in front of some bamboo vases. They are very tall. Then take a pic of him sitting in front. Its fun to compare each month. So far, there is always a noticable difference but now that hes approaching 8 months, Im sure it will slow down.
          sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

My first dane I made a chart of his height, weight and how much he was eating every week. He was the only one I did that for though! First child and all of that The next one I think I tracked him once a month. The next one I think I just did stacked pictures. These last two I did good stacking and taking pictures and weighing for the first 6 months or so then I got lazy.
            Meg
            AeroDanes

Comment

Garrett and I put lines on the door, then we got lazy, then we moved into a new house haha
              i think next time im going to do it with pics while the dog is eating, it looks easier
              http://4supra.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

we marked the doorframe with layla... haven't done it with boston, but it has helped because we can track his growth based on hers. He's about 2 months ahead of her growth-wise!
                sigpic

Comment

We did a weekly weight, height, and picture next to a basketball. The summary is in my siggy but we did it for the first year.
                  sigpic
                  What Tucker's up to now: http://greatdanetucker.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have started doing a fortnightly growth against the A/C unit.(we will be moving before he's 12 months, so that stuff's it up a bit.) As we have a Staffy he's a good indication of how much bigger Jasper looks compared to him now!
                    have him at 10wks now 12wks we weigh him when we can (not often only vet visits) we can see the difference in 2 weeks!
                    to get his height I am trying to do the mark on a wall trick (not dated) but as soon as I try to push him against to get an accurate mark, he crouches, so have no idea how tall he is

Comment

I marked on the wall too with dates. Rupert hates being pushed against the wall now so I mark him on my leg and then walk to the wall and transfer it. LOL
                      ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Working...
                      X