GD Bedding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD Bedding

For now, Crash is in a basic kennel. She has 2 towels and 2 throwblankets that are "hers'. I change/wash the bedding twice a week so she always has one throw blanket and one towel in with her at all times. But the bigger she gets, the less comfortable the bedding seems.

I'm wondering...have any of ya'll heard/seen/used a really good bedding that can be washed twice a week or more?

I can't handle the "dog" smell AT ALL, so we do bathes on Sundays and Wednesday with all new bedding. Does anybody know of any bedding that could handle all that washing...and all that DANE?

Thanks!
    sigpic

I have had good luck with blankets made of polar fleece - it washes well and is inexpensive.

You don't even need to hem it, it won't ravel. You can buy yardage at any fabric store and cut it to the size you need..

Due to my husbands obsessions, ours all have the Minnesota Vikings on them...
    sigpic
    Second hand dogs = first class love!

Comment

I bought my dog beds on ebay for $12 a piece. They are big enough to fill up the bottom of Bain's crate.

I have 2 (oval ones) that the covers are made with the faux sheep skin on one side and microfiber on the other. I have another that is microfiber on both sides (rectangle one). All 3 have a huge zipper, so the covers come off easily. I just chunk them in the washer.

The inside pad is also zippered and is filled with the hypoallergenic green fiber fill & cedar chips. That way if they really give it a soaking, you can just refill it.

I wish I had 3 of the ovals though, no one really likes the rectangle one .. it moves when they step on it lol.
      sigpic
      A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

I use a cribb matress in Roxy's crate wrapped in an old king size sheet. I also use cheap fleece blankets for her to cuddle with. I just keep 2 sets (or more) of everything so when I wash them I always have a clean one to put on right away. I just used some old ones I wasn't using anymore but, you can go to thirft stores (goodwill, salvation army) and get them for next to nothing. I also use a single bed size comforter for almost 1 1/2 yrs.

Just a note....you may be washing "Crash" to often. 2x's a week is an awful lot and can remove much needed body oil for a healthy coat. If she smells that bad I would check into it maybe being her food or a health issue. And in the mean time (between baths) I think you can get wipes to freshen her up. JMO

Also, baking soda can remove any smell for the blankets, beds, ect... just add it to your wash.
        sigpic
        Roxy & Ace

Comment

Beds: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1170?...lankets&nav=vm All of which are thick enough to keep him happy

Shampoo to cut down on amount of wash times a week: Aloe and Oatmeal with baking soda, he will smell good ALL week unless he rolls in something gross.

Comment

Originally posted by KozikDane View Post
            Beds: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1170?...lankets&nav=vm All of which are thick enough to keep him happy

Shampoo to cut down on amount of wash times a week: Aloe and Oatmeal with baking soda, he will smell good ALL week unless he rolls in something gross.

Thank you SO much! I think ya'll are right....I caught her itching last night and sprayed on "Pro Pet Itch Relief Hydrocortisone Spray" (I'm on the couch and it's still sitting on the end table ) That calmed down the itching. We already done our Sunday bath, but I'll knock out the Wednesday one and do the mix you suggested next Sunday.

We just swapped to TOTW a few weeks ago. But we go to the dog park 2-3 nighs a week-I think that's where the funky smell is coming from.

Thanks guys!
            sigpic

Comment

What are you feeding? My Roxy NEVER smelled...she got a bath every 3-4 months as needed...I attributed her lack of dog smell to what she ate...we fed her Nutro Large Breed Weight Management in the bright yellow bag. She slept on a day bed mattress with a sheet and blankey and had many pallettes which I washed as needed.

Comment

We just recently swapped to Taste of The Wild. She was on Beniful (before I got the REAL deal on that feed from DOL) but it's been...maybe 2 weeks?

She doens't smell rotten or anything...just like "DOG". Almost like that wet dog smell. It's like when you pet a dog who is outside all the time and then smell your hand....somewhat like that. I may be more sensitive to it because I have a mini poodle who rarely has any smell at all. The only time you can smell him is when he misses and pees on his front legs.

I hope the feed change starts working soon...
                sigpic

Comment

I use bow wow dog beds.. they are made a duck canvas and so are very tough and can be washed regularly.. ive had mine for a few months now and my buckley hasnt been able to chew through it at all..

if you want something more durable, they also have another material that is very tough and is water proof, so you just hose it down to wash it off and it doesnt soak in that dog smell...

they are only covers though, so you have to stuff them with pillows, blankets, or whatever.. i use a memory foam matress inside..

www.bowwowbeds.com

Comment

Its recommended that you only bathe danes at the MOST once a month if that because they have dry skin. The smell could possibly be from bathing her too much. This is just a thought. We only bathe our big boy once every two months and he doesnt have a bad smell at all.

Mich and my Love Bugs !

Sophisticated Sophie
                    Kodiak's Toledo Tornado (Koda)

Comment

Working...
                    X