Small "man parts"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small "man parts"

Along with being very small for his age (65-70lbs at 7 months), Oliver has, I believe, undersized testicles. They are about the size of large marbles. His penis looks small too...I am not sure what either are supposed to be sized. I was planning on getting him fixed next month, but as I think about it more, Ive decided to wait a little longer. He has not distributed any humping displays at all. I have never heard him growl, show his teeth, or seem aggressive in any sort of way even towards dogs that are annoying him. (Not that I want him too, but it would show a sign of testosterone, I would think.) If he is this good natured his entire life and I am simply blessed with the sweetest dog ever, then I am happy...but if there is an underlying problem, I am concerned.

BTW, Oliver is solid white save for two spots. I have already been over the whole "you bought from a bad breeder" business. I was just letting you know bc I know that white puppies have been known to have health problems.
    I love my Dane

Generally, the health problems that white dogs tend to have are with hearing and/or sight. No matter where he came from, I'm sure you love him very much, and he is yours now, so that really doesn't matter.

He may just be from a line that is slow to mature or from a line that tends to be smaller in size. It's not unusual for immature males to appear to have 'small parts'. He just hasn't hit sexual maturity yet. To me, it doesn't sound like there is an actual problem, as long as both testicles are descended, which it sounds like they are.

I would definitely hold off on neutering him. Normally 12 months is the bare minimum you would want to have this done. I would say even more important with Oliver, as he tends to be maturing more slowly. Early castration can actually lead to health issues. They don't have the necessary hormones introduced at the right times for proper growth after castration.
    Mari
    Twin Bay Danes

Comment

Green Bean's - ahem - "man parts" didn't get big until he did. I was sort of "worried" about his too, I mean I said to his breeder "Beans has the smallest balls Iv'e ever seen" and she just said with a smile, "give him time".

She was right, now they are "normal" (Bigger than I would like to see swinging) seems like he should almost wear underpants.

If you don't neuter too early, I'm sure he will finish "growing".
      sigpic

Comment

Ryder had non existant man parts for a long time. Even at seven months they were quite small. However, I just counted my blessings cause they were cute intead of unisightly.
        sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

Green Bean-adorable name

I will definitely hold off on neutering him. My vet told me that it doesnt matter the age that you neuter them as long as they are at least four months old...but I was sorta skeptical. I can understand a vet wanting someone to get their dog fixed as early as possibly to decrease the chance of unwanted puppies, but Oliver has small chance of that even if he was sexually mature bc he stays inside...unless he is being watched at the dog park or something.

BTW...I think he has recently hit a growth spurt. He has doubled his food intake from about four cups to about seven or eight and he has been sleeping more often. But I havent really noticed him grow too much more yet...is that to come still?

I hope all his business grows to accurate proportions.
          I love my Dane

Comment

One thing I've noticed, moreso with danes than other dogs is that if you neuter them before their boy parts grow they stay small.

Ya almost gotta feel bad for a giant dog with an itty bitty penis
            Last edited by MyDaneBaby; 01-17-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Floyd was just huge down there from the day I picked him up at 8 weeks, balls the size of golf balls at 3mo.

Earl(7mo) is much bigger body wise than Floyd ever was and he is tiny down there,I mean TINY his ball are only the size of a dime. I was just thinking the other day that he better start growing "down there" soon or people might start to wonder..LOL..

I also had to have Floyd fixed at 9mo b/c he was starting to "act like a male". Now Earl is almost 8mo old and you would never even know he was a boy, he's still a big dumb puppy. So maybe small "parts" are not all bad.
              sigpicShannon and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's mom View Post
                Floyd was just huge down there from the day I picked him up at 8 weeks, balls the size of golf balls at 3mo.

I had a dane like that too, and he was ALL WHITE - Same thing, GOLF BALLS. I couldn't wait to neuter that one

Do you suppose they are more fertile if the have huge balls?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WeLoveOur7Dogs View Post

I had a dane like that too, and he was ALL WHITE - Same thing, GOLF BALLS. I couldn't wait to neuter that one

Do you suppose they are more fertile if the have huge balls?
                  Shhh. Our next kijiji ad is written: "Great stud, big balls"

Comment

This is funny.

The white has nothing to do with the penis/ball size

I have 2 white Danes-male and female.

Roscoe has the pecker the size of a chihuahua-literally I adopted him thru rescue. When they are neutered at a very young age their pecker usually stays small. Of course he came to me neutered so I have no idea what his dodads looked like, but I suspect they may have been the size of peanuts.

Ava......has a hoochie coochie the size of a hot air balloon. I had her spayed at 1 year old. Hope this helps
                    sigpic
                    www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
                    http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
                    Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Each of Milos balls are the size of golf balls.. and he is harl headed. Funny, everyone always comments on his big balls. Even the hubbers said on "my gosh milos balls are bigger than mine now."
                      sigpic

Comment

The kijiji ad thing was...hysterical! You guys crack me up! On the serious side, I completely agree with Twin Bay Danes. He will grow up soon enough. Think about neutering more around the 15 month age or so. He is just a late bloomer

Comment

Lucas has huge balls and penis (he is a harl) and has always been big. Klifford on the other hand, is lacking down there. LOL! My husband asked me just the other day if something was wrong with him. He said Lucas was bigger when we brought him home at 8 weeks. LOL! Klifford is 8 months old and a brindle.

This thread is cracking me up too. Reminds me of the time my neighbor (who was 10 at the time) told me and Jason, my husband, that Lucas' balls where bigger than his dad's. It was the funniest thing that we ever heard! His dad was sitting right there and was so embarrassed.
                          ~Amy~

Comment

Thanks everyone for the laughs. Now I am searching for AC/DC's "Big Balls" song! I used to sing it to my fawn boy Tank who would trot around the house "smacking".

Sorry to ruin the PG rating here, but the laughs I got tonight was well worth it.

Comment

Indeed, thanks for the giggles. This was too funny. The kijiji as comment was great! Yes, they eventually grow....everywhere! And then you kind of miss the 'small parts' stages. Running around the house 'smacking' is the best way I've heard it put! lol

We walk our mantle boy, Erik, downtown all the time. Last summer, there were several little boys (about 5-6 years old) sitting on a bench with their Moms. When Erik walked by, one of the little boys exclaimed, 'look at the size of that dog's pickle!' We were dying laughing and his poor Mom was beat red!
                              Mari
                              Twin Bay Danes

Comment

Working...
                              X