Does your Dane Puppy Sleeps a lot???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puffs_mom
    started a topic Does your Dane Puppy Sleeps a lot???

Does your Dane Puppy Sleeps a lot???

He is 10 weeks old he and he sleep quite often. At night, he sleeps and wakes up twice to go potty and then during the day he takes naps mostly. Is this a normal behavior for a pup his age?

• kahluadanes
    replied
    Puppies tend to sleep a lot during heavy growth periods.... if you are worried I suggest taking her to the vet for an exam to rule out medical issues.. as far as dog parks go...they are not highly recommended...puppies/dogs can learn bad behavior, lots of ill mannered dogs and clueless owners go to dog parks, high exposure to illness and parasites, lots of injuries...

Leave a comment:

• Beanpook2
    replied
    I have a 5 month puppy that seems to have little energy. I take her to the dog park where there are other Dane puppy’s and she plays for a little while but not nearly as energetic as the others. Should I be worried? She’s very shy and reserved as well although the dog park has brought her personality out some.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneRM82
    replied
    Fergus is 4 months (almost 5) and will have days where he is awake and active more, but I can always tell when he's about to grow, because for a couple of days all he does is eat, sleep, and potty...just like a newborn baby lol.

Leave a comment:

• M1sf1t
    replied
    Skully is seven months sleeps all night and most of the day with short bursts in between. Laziest puppy I've ever known.
    Last edited by M1sf1t; 06-20-2013, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jvandermark
    replied
    Sleepy puppy!

It always makes me feel better to read about other sleepy Great Dane puppies. Elsah is 4 months old and she sleeps a lot...every now and then she will get a burst of energy and pester our 2 older dogs (Vizsla and Labradoodle) but she is quite content to either lay on her back all sprawled out or on her side in the cool grass and sleep much of the day away! But when she goes to the park or on an outing to play she is ready for action...but I only do that about 3 times a week.... I am thankful for those times; it is fun to watch her frolic with those long rather clumsy legs.

Leave a comment:

• Twinma
    replied
    At what age do they stop sleeping a lot? It sounds like it may depend on the individual dog.

Annika will be 6 months in about a week and she naps a fair amount. She has kind of regressed with overnights. She is getting me up once to go out and potty. I have been going to bed earlier due to work exhaustion so that is probably the reason.

I am hoping she doesn't give up her napping. I have to admit that I love when she is relaxing and not getting into stuff. She does get a ton of exercise. Sometimes I am afraid it might be too much.

Just weighed her yesterday and she is up to 75#. Wowzer!

Leave a comment:

• Xzander
    replied
    OMG, Hubby and I just read this and BOTH think it's our Xzander your talking about.... That is his exact routine, down to a T.
    He will be nine weeks Monday and we were wondering if his schedule was normal, guess it is ! LOL !!!

Leave a comment:

• itsprettysweet
    replied
    my 12 week old. sleeps. eat. pottys. sleep sleep sleep. eat. haha!

Leave a comment:

• MistyLyn
    replied
    I have fond memories of similar concerns about Chaucer. Those were the days--sleep, eat, poop and repeat. So predictable; so reliable. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Leave a comment:

• ShowGirl_Lola
    replied
    I'm glad I read this post. I was just wondering about Lola, she sleeps ALL day. She's 4 and will gladly play and go for a walk when I get her going but other then that, she's on her bed. She sleeps through the night too with the exception of getting up, turning in circles, and laying back down.

She's eating much better everyday, only had her for 4 days now.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Skye
    replied
    Originally posted by "The Boys" Mom View Post
    It's hard work growing as much as dane puppies do! Makes them tired!

Yes! Definatly.

Skye sleeps allot too and in the weirdest positions! Those growing, long legs get all pretzel-ish and tangled.

Leave a comment:

• mistified247
    replied
    Yes Roxy likes her naps! She sleeps on & off most of the day but is wide awake from 4-10 pm and sleeps all night.

Leave a comment:

• "The Boys" Mom
    replied
    It's hard work growing as much as dane puppies do! Makes them tired!

Leave a comment:

• paigebeverly
    replied
    Both of mine sleep all day. One is about to be 4 years and the other turned 9 months yesterday. They only get little spurts of energy for about an hour in the morning and an hour at night. Thats when zoomies hit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X