*Moan* *Groan* *Grunt* *Sigh*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Moan* *Groan* *Grunt* *Sigh*

Zeus is now 7-years-old, and I swear the older he gets, the more vocal he becomes. At night or during his numerous daytime naps, he'll stretch out with a *moan-groan* combo. Then he'll get comfy and *grunt-sigh.* This goes on every time he moves while napping or sleeping at night. He sleeps in our bedroom, as he always has, and he's been keeping me awake at night lately doing this. My 9-month-old son also sleeps in our room and Zeus is even waking him up. It's like Zeus cannot stretch without vocalizing. I really don't want to kick him out of our room, but I may not have a choice. Of course, kicking him out will mean him knocking on our bedroom door all night and whining, plus barking at nothing to get me or DH to see what's wrong.

*Sigh*
    sigpic
    RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
    Levi...born June 29th, 2011
    Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
    Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

My 7 yr old started this btwn 5-6 yrs old. She has to do 100 circles before she lays down,shuffling,grunting and sniffing, then huffs and moans when she plops down. My 4 yr old had the habit of going belly up at night, and to stop himself from tipping over, would use his paws/nails to kick off from the wall.
    We tried to stick it out, but we kicked them out LOL We got them new super comfy beds to put in the living room and trashed the old beds. For about a week, they tried to come back into the bedroom, but their "daneness" got the better of them and they opted for comfy beds in the living room vs laying on the bedroom floor!
    They now have a very good routine of "good night, go to bed" and only sneak into the bedroom if somethings wrong or they think we've slept too long on Sat. morning LOL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wendy

Libby(lab mix)
    Sky (RIP--April 18, 2012)
    My heart, Angus (RIP Jan 16, 2014)

Comment

I always have to laugh when they do that little squeal-yawn while stretching LOL.
      Alex

Conor 9/1/09 - 10/31/13

Mason 10/1/09 -

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dane_adorer View Post
        I always have to laugh when they do that little squeal-yawn while stretching LOL.
        Oh my, Achilles squeals every time he yawns! Sometimes, I mimic him, and he gives me a look like "I know that YOU shouldn't be making that noise." He's got a big pile of blankets that he's gathered on our bedroom floor, but most of the time he ends up in bed with us. Sometimes in the middle of the night, he'll DIVE in between us when there's an opening so he can be as close to both of us as possible! No matter what though, when he lays down to go to sleep at night, he makes the craziest noises!

Comment

Oh yeah, the overexaggerated yawn LOL

That's Angus' way of saying "Um...yeah, you've slept/watched TV/eaten dinner/done anything other than adore me loooong enough, it's Angus time please"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Wendy

Libby(lab mix)
          Sky (RIP--April 18, 2012)
          My heart, Angus (RIP Jan 16, 2014)

Comment

I love your pups name...Achilles!! That's awesome! Where did you get the idea?

Comment

Our puppy is just starting to realize how much she can vocalize...sometimes she does it for absolutely no reason...other times it's the hairdryer. Either way, it makes me laugh every time!
              sigpic
              Paisley

Comment

Originally posted by Mommy to Zeus View Post
                Zeus is now 7-years-old, and I swear the older he gets, the more vocal he becomes. At night or during his numerous daytime naps, he'll stretch out with a *moan-groan* combo. Then he'll get comfy and *grunt-sigh.* This goes on every time he moves while napping or sleeping at night. He sleeps in our bedroom, as he always has, and he's been keeping me awake at night lately doing this. My 9-month-old son also sleeps in our room and Zeus is even waking him up. It's like Zeus cannot stretch without vocalizing. I really don't want to kick him out of our room, but I may not have a choice. Of course, kicking him out will mean him knocking on our bedroom door all night and whining, plus barking at nothing to get me or DH to see what's wrong.

*Sigh*

My Hemi Lous is the same way. She too is 7 yrs old. We allow her to sleep with us and she will get in bed turn around and around and around, when she finally lays down she does the whole groaning/growl, moan, grunt and sigh thing. We laugh about it all the time. I can't recall when she started it, I think its gotten worse over the last year. I will say this, the first time I heard her do this was when my then 5 year old (8 now) would hold on to my headboard and fall backwards on the bed, and laugh her rear end off while we were trying to rest. Hemi sighed so loud that day, like I have never heard. Groaned and got up to go and lay on the couch with my husband. it was soooo funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Forcefulrain View Post
                  I love your pups name...Achilles!! That's awesome! Where did you get the idea?
                  Thanks! My husband really wanted to name him Zeus, but he didn't seem like a Zeus to me. I tried thinking of other names with similar backgrounds and came up with Achilles. I think those are really the only two names we considered.

Comment

This is funny because I was going to ask if it was normal for danes to vocalize so much. Ariel likes to "talk back" if she's being corrected. There's no bad behavior with it, she just likes to tell Andrew what she thinks of being told what to do. Especially when he's trying to make her get out of our bed! She's got such a "vocabulary"! And I love the whine/squeak yawn thing. It's a great alert to her being awake in the night and needing to go out!
                    http://www.new.facebook.com/album.ph...2&id=514616404

Comment

Maximus is going to be 7 soon and he does the moans too when he lays down. If I do the moan sound, he'll do it back to me. Very cute.
                      Mom to Leonardo and Titus

Comment

Mojo has done this since the day I got him. We think it's funny and call him old man because he groans alot.
                        sigpic
                        My Main Men

Comment

Rufus is only 2 and his does all that grunting and groaning too. Sometimes when we are all in bed, and I finally start to relax, I'll let out a big sigh....Ruf will usually always let out a big sigh too...cracks my hubby up!
                          Rachael

sigpic

Comment

Lol thats so funny. When i got my dog and she yawned for the first time with that squeals-groan i was like "what was that! " She does it every time so im glad its normal lol. She also is such a faker. Everytime we lean softly on her when shes about to fall asleep she moans like we are squashing her lol all we have to do is a small touch and she breaths with a light moan or groan. It makes me and my husband laugh everytime. :p

Comment

-

I hear you! Hudson is a NOISY sleeper I wear 30 decibel ear plugs just to get a little quiet at nite - give that a try...maybe he can stay?
                              Emily & Hudson (Iowa)

www.RadianceGreatDanes.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X