>about Dane Rescues/Shelters and the glut of Danes in need of
    >homes. This information can be shared with the puppy-lady and
    >maybe she can be convinced to spay/neuter, rather than start a
    >part-time business.
    >
    >So I ask -
    >
    >On what week of life does one start feeding puppies this

I start feeding pups between three and four weeks of age.
    >mash?
    >
    >How long must the puppies stay with mom in order to be
    >mentally and physically ready to seperate?

Most of my mothers are ready to be away from the pups by 4 or 5 weeks of age. Then it is up to me to socialize the pups. They stay in a pen in my living room during the day so they can experience different noises and are played with all day long.
    >
    >What about puppy food with calcium? What should mom get so
    >that she can remain healthy?

No puppy food with calcium ever. They should be weaned off on an adult kibble of around 21% protein and fed this until around 1 year of age. Mom should go back to her normal diet after weaning. While pregnant she should receive eggs, meat, some organ meat and increased amount of food especially during the last three weeks of gestation.
    >
    >Ya'll didn't address this and I think these girls need to know
    >if they are going to be raising these dogs together, one
    >onsite and one by advice. The puppy lady sure isn't coming in
    >here to get smushed, so thanks for doing it on her behalf.

Comment

RE: 4 wk old danes

http://xceldanes.com/Flagdee.JPG

I've got a great sugestion for Rugerbaby, Jane Jane and Cindy also. Why not instead of bitching and griping about me and others here being Oh So mean..Get off YOUR dead behinds and give YOUR advice about how to feed 4 week old pups. While you 3 are attending to that you can then go on to advise how to place this litter. Then if these pups end up in rescue..go take them home.:P :P

Seems to me that all your indignation about Dee being mean would have been better served IF any of you bunch had given any advice at all. Or don't none of you even have a clue what raising a litter correctly takes.

Dee

PS Rugerbaby I ain't going nowhere.

sigpic

Comment

http://xceldanes.com/Flagdee.JPG

I've got a great sugestion for Rugerbaby, Jane Jane and Cindy also. Why not instead of bitching and griping about me and others here being Oh So mean..Get off YOUR dead behinds and give YOUR advice about how to feed 4 week old pups. While you 3 are attending to that you can then go on to advise how to place this litter. Then if these pups end up in rescue..go take them home.:P :P

Seems to me that all your indignation about Dee being mean would have been better served IF any of you bunch had given any advice at all. Or don't none of you even have a clue what raising a litter correctly takes.

Dee

PS Rugerbaby I ain't going nowhere.

sigpic

Comment

Let's all just move on now....... enough is enough.
          sigpic
          In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
          Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Let's all just move on now....... enough is enough.
            sigpic
            In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
            Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Blatant, intentional rudeness isn't necessary when answering a question or giving advice. With it, nothing is gained by the one seeking and the one dishing it out must gain a warm fuzzy feeling of 'I guess I told them in no uncertain terms how I, MYSELF feel about their stupid question! I am soooo good.
              ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Blatant, intentional rudeness isn't necessary when answering a question or giving advice. With it, nothing is gained by the one seeking and the one dishing it out must gain a warm fuzzy feeling of 'I guess I told them in no uncertain terms how I, MYSELF feel about their stupid question! I am soooo good.
                ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Working...
                X