This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: 4 wk old danes

The only thing that I said that you said is your exact quote. The rest was a question. What do you mean by "real people". You did not answer that.

Comment

Exactly what it sounds like.

REAL people.
      People who dont come round to ask questions, looking for the answers they want.
      People who are mature and respectful enough to take an answer they may not like and learn something from it. Instead of stomping off in a huff.
      People who know enough to zip it and listen to those more experienced than themselves.
      People who dont come here, waste everyones time by asking about responsible/ethical breeders.. and then go out and buy a pup for $200 bucks out of the local classifieds.
      People who dedicate hours upon hours of their time into rescue, breed education, showing.. and some, even their own breeding programs.
      REAL people who are interested in learning more about this wonderful breed, and educating themselves as owners.

Now frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this back and forth nonsense. My PM is available, and I'm more than happy to chat with you there.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ecodolicon.jpg

Comment

Exactly what it sounds like.

REAL people.
        People who dont come round to ask questions, looking for the answers they want.
        People who are mature and respectful enough to take an answer they may not like and learn something from it. Instead of stomping off in a huff.
        People who know enough to zip it and listen to those more experienced than themselves.
        People who dont come here, waste everyones time by asking about responsible/ethical breeders.. and then go out and buy a pup for $200 bucks out of the local classifieds.
        People who dedicate hours upon hours of their time into rescue, breed education, showing.. and some, even their own breeding programs.
        REAL people who are interested in learning more about this wonderful breed, and educating themselves as owners.

Now frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this back and forth nonsense. My PM is available, and I'm more than happy to chat with you there.

Comment

I think on the internet we often lost sight that the other people we are talking to are actually real living people who make mistakes and have feelings too. It seems people can be much harsher online than they normally would, but also I think text doesn't relay all the emotions voice communication does.

When you are committed and involved with dogs, the irresponsible breeding and lackadaisical attitudes towards breeding can be downright enfuriating at times and you become very aware of what enabling shoddy 'breeders' ultimately does. My initial reaction as well to a situation like this is not to help but to be angry and think well guess they should have prepared. It gets tiring and emotionally draining, and thank you, I would love a break but don't tell me its time to step back because me taking a break means dogs get turned away and placed through Craigslist or dumped at a shelter.

Anyways, this thread has become far too personal. It really isn't for our judgment. The people involved have worked it out and I'm sure, like most life experiences, have learned something. I am sure we have all made mistakes before and been angry, and I'm sure I will make more mistakes and get angry again, but I sure as heck am not going to choose to sit here and talk about other people like some catty clique.

If you want this place to be happier and more full of sunshine and roses, I do not believe it is your place to tell others how to behave but rather bring that positive energy in yourself, which I sure as heck do not feel right now.

Comment

I think on the internet we often lost sight that the other people we are talking to are actually real living people who make mistakes and have feelings too. It seems people can be much harsher online than they normally would, but also I think text doesn't relay all the emotions voice communication does.

When you are committed and involved with dogs, the irresponsible breeding and lackadaisical attitudes towards breeding can be downright enfuriating at times and you become very aware of what enabling shoddy 'breeders' ultimately does. My initial reaction as well to a situation like this is not to help but to be angry and think well guess they should have prepared. It gets tiring and emotionally draining, and thank you, I would love a break but don't tell me its time to step back because me taking a break means dogs get turned away and placed through Craigslist or dumped at a shelter.

Anyways, this thread has become far too personal. It really isn't for our judgment. The people involved have worked it out and I'm sure, like most life experiences, have learned something. I am sure we have all made mistakes before and been angry, and I'm sure I will make more mistakes and get angry again, but I sure as heck am not going to choose to sit here and talk about other people like some catty clique.

If you want this place to be happier and more full of sunshine and roses, I do not believe it is your place to tell others how to behave but rather bring that positive energy in yourself, which I sure as heck do not feel right now.

Comment

>The OP was VERY correct in asking for help, I (like many
              >others) simply wish she had asked for advice BEFORE the pups
              >were born.
              >
              >
              Tiffany, did you read her posts? This is not HER litter, she doesn't breed. For heaven's sakes, she's been a member as long as you have (as stated in her 'reintro' post).

What did this woman do to merit the response she got? You know I have no tolerance for BYB'ers or trolls either. One thing always holds true, though...if you're gonna 'call somebody out' for their actions, you better be sure you can back it up with facts.

Cindy
              sigpic

Comment

>The OP was VERY correct in asking for help, I (like many
                >others) simply wish she had asked for advice BEFORE the pups
                >were born.
                >
                >
                Tiffany, did you read her posts? This is not HER litter, she doesn't breed. For heaven's sakes, she's been a member as long as you have (as stated in her 'reintro' post).

What did this woman do to merit the response she got? You know I have no tolerance for BYB'ers or trolls either. One thing always holds true, though...if you're gonna 'call somebody out' for their actions, you better be sure you can back it up with facts.

Cindy
                sigpic

Comment

Cindy,
                  I know its not her litter.. and thats why I really am happy that she asked for help.

BUT.. She knew this girl before the pups were born, knew the pups were on their way.. and waited until they were 4 weeks old to ask for advice...

Always more beneficial to be proactive, not reactive... IMO.
                  Maybe I am a little annoyed with the whole thing, and no.. its not this situation on its own. It's puppy and kitten season, we all know that. Everywhere I look, everyones got one or the other (some even both). One of my best friends in the shelter manager here in town.. and she's having a heck of a time. Currently, Deco and I are fostering 2 moms and a total of 12, 6 day old kittens.... trying to help, but that doesnt even make a dent. The offers to "stud Deco out" are starting to surface again, and everyone has a "BEAUTIFUL female xxxxx who would be just PERFECT for him"... ready to pull my hair out.

Perhaps some of that frustration did come through in my posts here... but I can tell you, it will happen again.. and again.. and again. BYB are a vicious circle...

Comment

Cindy,
                    I know its not her litter.. and thats why I really am happy that she asked for help.

BUT.. She knew this girl before the pups were born, knew the pups were on their way.. and waited until they were 4 weeks old to ask for advice...

Always more beneficial to be proactive, not reactive... IMO.
                    Maybe I am a little annoyed with the whole thing, and no.. its not this situation on its own. It's puppy and kitten season, we all know that. Everywhere I look, everyones got one or the other (some even both). One of my best friends in the shelter manager here in town.. and she's having a heck of a time. Currently, Deco and I are fostering 2 moms and a total of 12, 6 day old kittens.... trying to help, but that doesnt even make a dent. The offers to "stud Deco out" are starting to surface again, and everyone has a "BEAUTIFUL female xxxxx who would be just PERFECT for him"... ready to pull my hair out.

Perhaps some of that frustration did come through in my posts here... but I can tell you, it will happen again.. and again.. and again. BYB are a vicious circle...

Comment

I understand what you're saying, and I certainly share your frustration in the vast numbers of BYB'ers. Sometimes, though, things are just out of our control. I've always tried to encourage folks to seek out reputable breeders, and when my friends ask (they know I'm such a dog fanatic, LOL) about buying a dog I'll do what I can to 'open their eyes'. But, when they ignore everything and seek out the BYB'er, I am disappointed but realize I did what I could.

The OP certainly couldn't control the breeder's actions, nor anticipate what the breeder needed help on until asked--and did you notice the timing on this? The breeder waits until the pups are getting near to transitioning to solid food and THEN asks,'what do I do now?' The OP, who has no idea, asks DOL, knowing they have the ability to provide the answer.

This board is known--and I think it's a good thing--for not tolerating the stupidity of BYB'ers. But we need to be careful that folks like the OP are not treated the same way.

Cindy

"Crazy Sarge"

"Judgement of People is the Key To Success"...J.P. Yousha
                      sigpic

Comment

I understand what you're saying, and I certainly share your frustration in the vast numbers of BYB'ers. Sometimes, though, things are just out of our control. I've always tried to encourage folks to seek out reputable breeders, and when my friends ask (they know I'm such a dog fanatic, LOL) about buying a dog I'll do what I can to 'open their eyes'. But, when they ignore everything and seek out the BYB'er, I am disappointed but realize I did what I could.

The OP certainly couldn't control the breeder's actions, nor anticipate what the breeder needed help on until asked--and did you notice the timing on this? The breeder waits until the pups are getting near to transitioning to solid food and THEN asks,'what do I do now?' The OP, who has no idea, asks DOL, knowing they have the ability to provide the answer.

This board is known--and I think it's a good thing--for not tolerating the stupidity of BYB'ers. But we need to be careful that folks like the OP are not treated the same way.

Cindy

"Crazy Sarge"

"Judgement of People is the Key To Success"...J.P. Yousha
                        sigpic

Comment

Again, I work with her SEASONAL... I only started back to work Monday and found this out, so to justify on why I didn't act before they were born... was because I didn't have the knowledge to come here before hand...I didn't know the dog was going to have babies, I only know that when I went in to work monday, she started asking me questions and I told her I didn't know, that I knew where to come for answers. I wish I would have known from day one... but anyway... I didn't and here we are.
                          I knew I wouldn't get all positive feedback from coming here and asking... I've read enough thru out the past couple years, that I had known that... but I also thought that if those puppies were going to be properly fed, that I had to do it... what I didn't like was the fact I was basically told I wasn't honest.... which, that's explained and worked out. I can understand completely where she was coming from on byb's and everything - just as I respect everyone's opinion here. I NEVER meant to come on here to post and have everyone arguing. I appreciate what you have to say and I really appreciate those who stood up for me in this post! - Thanks for everything...

Comment

Again, I work with her SEASONAL... I only started back to work Monday and found this out, so to justify on why I didn't act before they were born... was because I didn't have the knowledge to come here before hand...I didn't know the dog was going to have babies, I only know that when I went in to work monday, she started asking me questions and I told her I didn't know, that I knew where to come for answers. I wish I would have known from day one... but anyway... I didn't and here we are.
                            I knew I wouldn't get all positive feedback from coming here and asking... I've read enough thru out the past couple years, that I had known that... but I also thought that if those puppies were going to be properly fed, that I had to do it... what I didn't like was the fact I was basically told I wasn't honest.... which, that's explained and worked out. I can understand completely where she was coming from on byb's and everything - just as I respect everyone's opinion here. I NEVER meant to come on here to post and have everyone arguing. I appreciate what you have to say and I really appreciate those who stood up for me in this post! - Thanks for everything...

Comment

Michelle (OP) for what it's worth, I doubt that even if you had known before she bred her dane that she was going to do it, you could have stopped her. Sometimes, people make up their minds about something, and then think it through. *sigh* I'm glad you were able to get the answer you needed to help her with her current litter, and I hope you'll be able to talk her into spaying her dog and preventing the next litter. Probably not, but here's hoping, right?
                              sigpic
                              Lucy, rescued 5/16/15
                              Egon 1/7/07-3/22/14- loved and missed

Comment

Michelle (OP) for what it's worth, I doubt that even if you had known before she bred her dane that she was going to do it, you could have stopped her. Sometimes, people make up their minds about something, and then think it through. *sigh* I'm glad you were able to get the answer you needed to help her with her current litter, and I hope you'll be able to talk her into spaying her dog and preventing the next litter. Probably not, but here's hoping, right?
                                sigpic
                                Lucy, rescued 5/16/15
                                Egon 1/7/07-3/22/14- loved and missed

Comment

Working...
                                X