Questions about vinyl fences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about vinyl fences

Hi, My fiance and I are looking to get a dane this summer and we are going to be putting up a fence in the next month. My fiance really wants a 6 ft vinyl fence, however I think it wouldn't be strong enough. Does anyone have a dane and a vinyl fence and what do you think about it.

Thanks,
    Alicia

Questions about vinyl fences

Hi, My fiance and I are looking to get a dane this summer and we are going to be putting up a fence in the next month. My fiance really wants a 6 ft vinyl fence, however I think it wouldn't be strong enough. Does anyone have a dane and a vinyl fence and what do you think about it.

Thanks,
    Alicia

Comment

RE: Questions about vinyl fences

>Hi, My fiance and I are looking to get a dane this summer and
      >we are going to be putting up a fence in the next month. My
      >fiance really wants a 6 ft vinyl fence, however I think it
      >wouldn't be strong enough. Does anyone have a dane and a vinyl
      >fence and what do you think about it.
      >
      >Thanks,
      > Alicia

We have actually been looking to extend the fence around our yard and have been sampling fences! How does one sample fences? Simple! You push a 6' 2", 300lbs man in to the sample fence and see how well is holds up.

Vinyl & PVC fences are fantastic as long as they're installed right. As long as the poles are deep enough and have enouch concrete support they're fine and IMHO better than standard cedar fences.

They can support the weight of a full grown Dane just as well as a wooden fence plus you dont need to stain and maintain them as often. Wood fences can be easier to repair if they're damaged, but it takes more work to damange the PVC or vinyl fence.

Also, the monster can chew through wood like a freakin beaver, I think the vinyl fence would take him longer, however I'm not about to give him a sample to actually test my theory.

Comment

>Hi, My fiance and I are looking to get a dane this summer and
        >we are going to be putting up a fence in the next month. My
        >fiance really wants a 6 ft vinyl fence, however I think it
        >wouldn't be strong enough. Does anyone have a dane and a vinyl
        >fence and what do you think about it.
        >
        >Thanks,
        > Alicia

We have actually been looking to extend the fence around our yard and have been sampling fences! How does one sample fences? Simple! You push a 6' 2", 300lbs man in to the sample fence and see how well is holds up.

Vinyl & PVC fences are fantastic as long as they're installed right. As long as the poles are deep enough and have enouch concrete support they're fine and IMHO better than standard cedar fences.

They can support the weight of a full grown Dane just as well as a wooden fence plus you dont need to stain and maintain them as often. Wood fences can be easier to repair if they're damaged, but it takes more work to damange the PVC or vinyl fence.

Also, the monster can chew through wood like a freakin beaver, I think the vinyl fence would take him longer, however I'm not about to give him a sample to actually test my theory.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I have a 6' Bufftech vinyl fence...very costly. I chose a style with no middle cross rails. The lower rail and the upper rail have metal insert channels into which the boards or pickets fit. It heaves a bit in the winter. It has held up well. I should point out that the construction of this brand of fence is much heavier duty than the fences available at the chain home/lumber stores. There are no screws holding it together.
              Google Bufftech to find more info.

Comment

I have a 6' Bufftech vinyl fence...very costly. I chose a style with no middle cross rails. The lower rail and the upper rail have metal insert channels into which the boards or pickets fit. It heaves a bit in the winter. It has held up well. I should point out that the construction of this brand of fence is much heavier duty than the fences available at the chain home/lumber stores. There are no screws holding it together.
                Google Bufftech to find more info.

Comment

Working...
                X