Is this a great dane? Rescued dog.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Is this a great dane? Rescued dog.

I think you're probably right. She is gaining with just a good diet. I will keep everybody posted on her progress. Thanks everyone.

Comment

This is a very detailed site on the history of the great dane breed:
      http://groups.msn.com/THEGREATDANEINHISTORYANDART
      sigpic
      In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
      Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

I agree with the others about the Satin Balls not being needed as long as she has an appetite.

My rescue Sarge was in a situation similar to your Rosie's...his prior owner was not feeding him enough..when I got him you could see his spine and hipbones! He had a good appetite, though, and by giving him the amount of food he needed , he was able to get to ideal weight.

Thank you for rescuing...you'll come to find that you feel like you are the lucky one for doing so

Cindy

"Crazy Sarge"

"Judgement of People is the Key To Success"...J.P. Yousha
        sigpic

Comment

Jane:
          She is a female and about 12 months old....somewhere in between there. LoL~ We rescued her so we are guesstimating also.. When she was younger I would always get the LAB thing. AWWW~ what a cute lab.

www.saveadane.org
          Great Dane Rescue of Southeast Texas
          Stacey~ Fur-Mommy to 3 Danes-
          Allie~ 5 yrs. :Rescued May2006
          Tank~ 3 yrs : Rescued July 2008
          Optimus Prime~18 mths: Rescued July 2009

Comment

Asher gets that alot. I even heard it at Marymoor, when he's chasing and playing with all of the other Danes.

Comment

Update on Rosie: She is doing awesome. The weight is coming on but slowly and she's grown at least an inch since we got her so the extra weight doesn't really show. She was about 83 lbs. or so when we got her in early March and last weekend she was 88. So she is gaining. She is VERY happy and fits right into our home. I couldn't be more pleased with her and my bullmastiff who pretty much hates all other dogs (and is also a female) just loves her. They are best buddies.

Comment

Update on Rosie: She is doing awesome. The weight is coming on but slowly and she's grown at least an inch since we got her so the extra weight doesn't really show. She was about 83 lbs. or so when we got her in early March and last weekend she was 88. So she is gaining. She is VERY happy and fits right into our home. I couldn't be more pleased with her and my bullmastiff who pretty much hates all other dogs (and is also a female) just loves her. They are best buddies.

Comment

Working...
                X