• Show
Clear All

RE: It's finally happened...

By the way I love the
    >names you gave your dogs! They crack me up and are really
    >cute. How did you come up with them?
    >
    >Amanda and Ansel

Well Amanda, I have answered this question before but I can always be encouraged to answer it again......

Snortgurgle: A mythological creature that eats the legs off of garden gnomes. As a puppy, Snortgurgle was the terror of my fairy gardens.

Pettifogger McDogger: In Joey's family tree we discovered a pettifogger. In the early west a pettifogger was the wise Joe Cartwright type of Bonanza fame. Someone the locals respected to fairly settle the disputes on the lawless frontier. And since this pettifogger was named McDaniel, we wanted to suggest something similar in the dog's name. Thus Pettifogger McDogger was christened. Due to our wonderful liquid language of connotations verses denotations, a pettifogger now means a shyster lawyer and this even tickles our funny bone.

All this just proves that we do not take ourselves or the world too seriously.

Comment

I love it! When I get my next pup I am going to get some suggestions from you! LOL

Amanda and Ansel

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/atieman/Hello.jpg
      Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
      -Roger Caras

Comment

>Ahhh come on guys, let us be honest here. Why did you get a
        >Great Dane, so you could walk down the street and NOT be
        >noticed? Did you really expect no one to comment on your
        >nondescript, all too common GIANT breed? Yeah, I'll sneak out
        >in public with a dog over three times as big as most other
        >dogs and everyone will ignore us.

>When I get tired of the saddle, how much do they eat, and who
        >is walking who questions, then I will get a dog who can travel
        >the world in wonderful incognito.:+

I agree with you, it is fun getting the attention, but I have gotten some bad reactions.

At Petland last weekend there was a woman with two kids, when they saw Diesel, they actually started screeming. They backed off to the other side of the store, kept Diesel in sight and kept right on screeming at the top of there lungs.

I would have left the store but I was swarmed at the entrance by people who wanted to pet him. There was some three year old kid hugging him, my daugther was tugging on his tail and there were a pack of adults surrounding us asking the usual questions.... and throughout this all there was the woman and two kids screeming at the other side of the store....

Comment

http://images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/b...b0eefb1.th.jpg

So Viscous

Comment

You should have asked her to please stop 'cause she was scaring your poor little baby!

Comment

So yesterday at Pet Land I had a guys tell me about the Dane he use to have.

I guess her back was about a foot higher then Diesels (Diesel is 36" at the withers) and she wieghed in at 410lbs.

I asked him if he was sure he had a Dane, he then give me his vets name to back up his story. I then made a reference to Gibson and told him that he should have got in touch with guinness.

http://images5.pictiger.com/thumbs/a...4cb07a0.th.jpg

Thats a pic of Gibson with Paris Hilton, for anyone who hasent seen him before

Comment

>Well I was finally asked if I "had a saddle for that thing".
                >:f I was getting into my truck and Ansel was in the back seat,
                >and this guy parked next to me leaned out his window and asked
                >me that. How clever and original of him LOL.
                >
                >Amanda and Ansel
                >
                >http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/atieman/Hello.jpg
                >Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
                >-Roger Caras

It has happened to me quite a few times.
                I go for walks in the park with my Dane and a friend of mine and her Dane.
                We ge asked a lot of what Stable we have them in so one time we decided to take the saddle of some TOY horses and put them on the dogs before we went on our walk.
                Most people got the joke and now quit asking the question.

Comment

All I can say is,GET USE TO IT!!! We ALWAYS say "WHY? DO YOU WANT TO BE A COWBOY???" }( }( }( HA,HA,HA...It will put a SMILE on your face, AND MOST DON'T GET IT...

Comment

All I can say is,GET USE TO IT!!! We ALWAYS say "WHY? DO YOU WANT TO BE A COWBOY???" }( }( }( HA,HA,HA...It will put a SMILE on your face, AND MOST DON'T GET IT...

Comment

LOL... I reply with "Yes, I do have one... and I'm training my yorkipoo to ride her!" - They don't know whether to take me serious or not! }(

Comment

LOL... I reply with "Yes, I do have one... and I'm training my yorkipoo to ride her!" - They don't know whether to take me serious or not! }(

Comment

Working...
                        X