butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• butter?

just curious...does anyone elses dane love butter? mine will steal it anytime it's left out. not margarine, just butter. she's stole about 7 sticks (whole) in her lifetime, and countless licks. we have to remember to put it away when we are done, otherwise our big friend will steal it when we aren't looking. she LOVES when it's christmas cookie baking time. there is opportunities to steal butter for days!!

RE: butter?

Mine love it margerine or anything similar to butter lol

http://www.xceldanes.com/naptime_2.JPG
    Lisa
    www.xceldanes.com
    sigpicLisa
    www.xceldanes.com

Comment

OMG! That is one of the things I remember most about our Danes when I was little....the stolen sticks of eaten butter! I can't tell you how many times they did that...lol.

My two aren't allowed in the kitchen for a number of reasons so I never have to worry about the butter doing a disappearing act

That really made me laugh though when you said that because I guess I thought our Danes were the only ones that were ever like that!

Michele
      Responsible pet ownership is a labor of love and a financial commitment.
      http://www.fpanet.org/public/tools/a.../FPP060106.cfm

http://members.cox.net/crystalwhite1...and_Roscoe.jpg
      sigpic
      www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
      http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
      Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Snortgurgle and Pettifogger McDogger are very good and do not surf the kitchen counters for butter. As a matter of fact, since I lightly coat all doggy pills with butter before I slip them down their throats, I doubt if my boys would ever seek out butter now.
        However, this question made me think of something on the opposite side of doggy cravings. I have never had a Dane that would eat bread (see the connection in my feeble mind....bread and butter?) If most Danes like butter, do they dislike bread?

Comment

Mine love butter. Hailey has melted butter (real unsalted) on her supper every night. Banjo doesn't get it very often.
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Sargeant LOVES butter. If there is a stick out on the counter, hes all over it. I set out some one night to make alfredo sauce and put it out to soften. I had gone out into the laundry room to put clothes in the dryer, and came back in the kitchen to find Sarge gone. He had run over to the couch and was looking VERY suspicious. I walked in the living room and was asking him what he had, and I swear, if he could have talked to me, he would have said in a voice with a stick of butter being held in his mouth, ummmm, nothing! LOL I opened his mouth and he had the entire stick, wrapper and all, in his mouth doing his best to hide it in his jowls. One of those funny things that I thought only MY dog did. LOL Layla doesnt care one way or the other about it.
            "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -- Anonymous

Jocelyn & Layla.....
            in memory of Sargeant Pepper, Gracie, Thea, and our little Buddy dog. Gone but never forgotten.

Comment

That's funny Joc!!

Michele
              Responsible pet ownership is a labor of love and a financial commitment.
              http://www.fpanet.org/public/tools/a.../FPP060106.cfm

http://members.cox.net/crystalwhite1...and_Roscoe.jpg
              sigpic
              www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
              http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
              Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Oh Jocelyn that hilarious. I'm still laughing. I can so see the look on his face. :9 Mine has never touched butter or margarine.
                Maureen

Comment

Isaac will eat bread if it has something good on it. He isn't a theif at all either, but he likes butter when I have given some to his hyper-skinny butt.

Comment

Ansel hasn't shown a serious interest in butter, but he is a horrible bread thief! I remember the way we found out he could actually reach to the back of the counter. We had bought a loaf of garlic parmesean bread (not the kind cutin half with butter in the center, but it had bits of garlic baked in). We left for a few and came back to the ENTIRE loaf missing and a puppy with HORRIBLE garlic breath. He burped that stuff for a week! (Don't even ask about the gas!) LOL Crazy dog. :f

Amanda and Ansel

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/atieman/Hello.jpg
                    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
                    -Roger Caras

Comment

LMAO!!! A puppy with garlic breath......hehehehe He probably thought that was a wonderful treat mommy and daddy left him!
                      "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -- Anonymous

Jocelyn & Layla.....
                      in memory of Sargeant Pepper, Gracie, Thea, and our little Buddy dog. Gone but never forgotten.

Comment

Butter is the only thing Mira has ever stolen - she adores it and anything like it. She gets her pills wrapped in Smart Balance. We still keep butter on the counter, but it's behind the toaster now. When the smell gets to be too much for Mira, she'll stand with her nose pointed towards the toaster and whine :9
                        Lisa
                        sigpicLisa
                        Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

Comment

Parker would do just about anything for butter. I've seen him inhale a stick in seconds. I usually give him a little when I have it out.

Comment

All three of mine like butter but LOVE bread. Especially baguette! Russell also is the biggest cheese hound I have ever met...and I don't mean cheddar. I could leave a leg of lamb on the counter, and beside it a wedge of brie, stinky commbiere or a rich blue cheese...he will take the cheese long before the meat. We have tested this with him using steak and good quality cheese. He will leave the meat for the siblings...he will go scrappy for full fat, unpasturised cheeses from france ;a) 0

Comment

You actually tested him? :9 Can I come to your house and be tested?
                              Lisa
                              sigpicLisa
                              Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

Comment

Working...
                              X