licking faces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licking faces

My husband was wanting me to ask if in general great danes lick people or do they just do the sniff thing. My guy never licks us, we just get the full body smell treatment everyday which I think is funny, although some of our guests don't think so!

RE: licking faces

Sarge isn't what I'd call a 'licking dog', although he does seem to thoroughly enjoy washing my husband's toes....:P

Cindy
    sigpic

Comment

Otis is a licker if he thinks your face smells good-and every once in awhile if you say "gimme kisses" he will. Rugby almost never licks, but does do a lot of sniffing.

Comment

Jasper isn't a 'licker' either. She likes to put her face about 1 inch from yours though, and just stand there. lol.

Baron loves to give air kisses. While his tongue doesn't actually come into contact with your face, he licks the air in front of it.

They're such cutie pies!!!

Ashley & The Crew
        See my babies:
        Jasper:http://www.dogster.com/?64247
        Baron:http://www.dogster.com/?97587

Comment

lol! Tazman LOVES to give mooshes! Especially during cuddletime while we are watching t.v. He sits in the chair with me and everyonce in a while I will feel him looking up at me...as soon as he has my attention...MOOOOOSH! He really enjoys giving kisses to the little kids. They are right at his level!!! lol Harley, on the other hand, will give kisses if you ask for them, but unless they are requested, they are rarely given out.

Comment

Odin gives kisses if peanut butter is involved! Sometimes he'll give one if asked. Mostly, I'd say he's not much of a licker.
            Sara

Comment

I was just thinking about this!
              Bullwinkle is a sniffer, not a licker.

~Tracy
              Come see Bullwinkle!
              http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2132495074

Comment

Bailey seldom licks us unless she can smell food on our breath! She does, however, put her face into mine & sniffs me like crazy...so I sniff her right back! Nothing like a little bonding! :7 Then she leans & puts all her weight on me...if I moved, she'd fall over. Nikki will give you one quick kiss on the nose & be done with you.
                Ruth, in honor of Bailey, Nikki & Tasha. Over the bridge but always in our hearts. Owned now by 11 month old Willow & Cheyenne, our Harl babies

Comment

Emma also sniffs more than licks. Some rare visitors get a kiss from her, but usually she just wants to stand right in front of them as they sit on the couch, and smell their face, hair, shoulder, whatever :+ They keep expecting the big tongue to accost them, but that rarely happens

Comment

Mine are lickers. But they really like to lick the top of my head after I have shaved it. It's not just the danes it's also my Golden.

John

Comment

My husband maintains that Mira licks his face more frequently for about 24 hours after especially enjoyable outings. With me, she usually gets close enough to make the little hairs on her lips tickle, but actual face licking is fairly rare. But she will often walk up, sniff my leg or arm, and then give it one little lick, almost as if she's making a minor correction in my attire.
                      Lisa
                      sigpicLisa
                      Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

Comment

Boy does my Sully give out kisses. He especially does it right after I put my makeup on!!! He LOVES to kiss when I put on vanilla lip gloss or pina colada is good too :9
                        He is also quite fond of nibbling the odd ear if he is really in a lovey mood. I hate when my Fiance trys to do that but I will let Sully get away with it

Comment

Gus is a licker, Elliott is a breath smeller. Every blue moon El will tentatively stick out his tongue & touch me but it's a rarity.
                          Mitch

In Memory of Gabe. What he lacked in body he made up for in heart.
                          Click here to see my boys
                          [http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288799713]
                          In the Chicagoland area? Click here to inquire about pet sitting & dog training
                          http://www.knowplacepe

Comment

Oscar will only lick my face after I have eaten something he wanted. Other than that he just stares at you.

Comment

Ari does both, He gives wonderful face washing mooshies, and then also needs to smell your hairline at the forehead. He also gives little love bites, but that is only on his terms, and its only for mom and dad. andi

Comment

Working...
                              X