Crate Size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Crate Size

We have the colossal midwest crate from petsmart. Our dane is 9 months and we just took out the divider. It fits her really well lengthwise, she can stretch out while laying down and standing up she doesn't hit her head.

It is really an eye-sore because of its size but I don't think there is any other option. Does the x-pen have a bottom? What do you do with a Dane that pees in the cage still?

Comment

"no, it is not too big! It takes up a lot of space...but then again...so does having a Dane"

Yeah, but my Dane (or any Dane I know of) isn't 45" high and 37" wide!!! The standard interior door is only 36" wide - he "couldn't get through the bathroom door" if he was that big :7

Cindy
      sigpic

Comment

If my girl is standing up...or sitting up straight...or lying down stretched out...she uses every bit of that space...I wouldn't want her in a crate that she's cramped up in, or hitting her head or anything...yep it's unsightly...but she is so comfortable in there and she just loves it. She has room to get up and stretch out.."circle" around like she does before lying down...it's worth it to have the colossal sized crate.

Comment

I totally agree with the space issue! It's nice for Sarge to be comfortable (so comfortable he even goes in on his own to take naps).

I just think it's funny because the crate 'looks like' a person is trying to trap a bear in their house or something...
          sigpic

Comment

>It is really an eye-sore because of its size but I don't think
            >there is any other option. Does the x-pen have a bottom? What
            >do you do with a Dane that pees in the cage still?

No, at least our's doesn't have a bottom on it. If Odin gets sick, etc it's easy to clean b/c we have it in our kitchen which has a wood laminate floor.

Comment

Working...
            X