Was your puppy affectionate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was your puppy affectionate?

Or did he/she get more affectionate as they aged? My puppy is very playful and not too interested in hugs and other lovin'. I figure that this is due to his age and not a sign that he will never let me hug him. Did others out there experience the same things with there dogs as pups? Or the ones who have very affectionate dogs were they like that as pups too?
    Just wondering if one day my busy little boy will turn into a lovey dovey man?
    He's great none the less!
    Erin

RE: Was your puppy affectionate?

Not really. Emma has become much more lovey in the last 6 months than she ever was through her first 2 years. I've heard boys are more affectionate than girls, in general. Emma used to just 'tolerate' love from me. Now she walks up to me and requests it. :*

Comment

My guy was never in your face affectionate, like licking you in the face or jumping all over for attention. But he's very lovey dovey and has always wanted to lie close to me and snuggle, and he loves kisses. He stands close and turns his head and waits for you to give him kisses on the cheek and he wags his tail. Its cute.

I think they all love attention and affection, just in different ways.

Comment

My lil man is a lap baby he loves to cuddle and snuggle.Gives soft kisses and is a mush already.The males tend to me more love bugs and each have their own personalitys so they are all differant.

Lisa Mcintosh
        http://xceldanes.com/index.html
        sigpicLisa
        www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Ever since we brought Oscar home he has been a mommas boy. And to this day he is always near me wanting to be loved on. Sometimes I would like it if he would stay where he is at when I get up. Like to the bathroom. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

When my boy was a pup he never wanted affectiction when we did. We'd hope for snuggles and kisses and he would often shrug it off and wiggle away, preferring to play instead. As he got older, he became more affectionate. Now we can hug and kiss his brains out, he loves to sit on our laps, and he gives us kisses when the mood strikes him.
            Kind of like a child, most of the time they'd rather play than be quiet and lovey....unless you really wear them out.

Comment

My Marlee girl is much more affectionate now than when she was a puppy. She will be a year old on Saturday. She likes to get hugs and loved on but not all the time. But my boy Hercules has always been a love bug. The 1st night he was home he crawled into my wifes arms and just wanted to be held and loved on. He is her snuggle buddy now when she sleeps. So I can see where the males are more affectionate than the females.

John

Comment

Jasper has been a little cuddle bug since she was a wee baby (I think because we sucked her up so much). I'm not sure what Baron was like when he was a pup, because he's a rescue but he sure loves snuggling with Mommy and Daddy now!!

Ashley & The Crew
                See my babies:
                Jasper:http://www.dogster.com/?64247
                Baron:http://www.dogster.com/?97587

Comment

Frankie is 4 months old today and he is affectionate when he is tired.
                  ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Gunner was and has always been very affectionate. He loves to snuggle, and sit as close as possible to me. He's my boy, unless Daddy wants to go play, then he's out the door with him fast as can be!:+

Gunner's Mom (Janet)

To see my boy ...
                    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290114239 & http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289735785

Comment

My female has always liked to lay by me, but doesn't need to be touching me all the time. She does love to stand with the top of her head pushing into me, and these habits haven't changed over time (she'll be four in June).

Generally, if being near me means giving up that coveted spot in front of the fireplace, or getting off the bed - then forget it. She doesn't like affection *that* much. ;-)
                      My best boy, Trooper.
                      sigpic

Comment

Our mantle merle was always very, very (some times excrutiatingly) cuddley and lovey. Our black male, however, was not at all affectionate as a puppy, he rarely wagged his tail, and really didn't enjoy cuddling much, he would rather play fetch or wrestle or something, but he is now 2 years old and as he has matured, he has become the biggest cuddle bug of them all. He groans when you rub his ears, and always wants to lay with his head in my lap. He is still playful, but snuggling is much more important now than rough housing.
                        Cari

Comment

Erin...

As Anne and Lisa said...it always seems like the males are more lovey dovey then the girls.

I had a Fawn girl that I lost last year, that was the most stand offish of any Dane I've owned ever.
                          She came that way...and stayed that way for 10 years. It was almost like she didn't care one way or the other about anything or anybody.
                          And if she got loose...she would have run away without a backward glance at us. Strange.

:9 :9 Dee
                          sigpic

Comment

With my first danes the boy was way more affectionate, but with brindle babies the little girl will beg for all the attention. She is so pushy about it she has to work to get what she wants. Her brother is super sweet, but he is a bit more reserved in comparision. If I let him he would be a wall flower!

Comment

Ari came to me as an adult rescue, and he was immediately attached at my hip. He HAS to touch, lean, kiss, hug, hold paw/hands... He just has to have physical contact. And if you break off the lovin' before he is ready, you will get roo-roo'ed, growly talk back until you cuddle up again. He truely is a snuggle bunny. andi

Comment

Working...
                              X