drooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drooling

i'm wondering if danes have a reputation for a large incidence of drooling. i'd appreciate any experiences on this subject thanks you

RE: drooling

They vary depending on how much lip they have, but in general they drool after drinking which is a very watery 'drool' - more just water dripping from the lips, and they slobber when excited and playing. We don't have a problem with drooling except for these two things. However my kitchen floor always has towels on it and even then you don't want to walk in just socks or you'll often end up with wet feet!

Comment

Rox,doesn't drool, but he slings water all over the place when he drinks. Such a mess!

Comment

Cooper also does not drool. But leaves a string of water after coming out of the water bowl. He gets his face wiped regularly.

~ Dina and Cooper

Here's the "little" guy! http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290313725

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." ~ Unknown

Comment

Sampson drools constantly.He flings long goobers every where he goes...even if he has not recently drank.He has huge jowels.I hope he grows into them.For now we have drool on our cars, walls, bed and clothes.....which is especially gross because it dries looking like you have wiped your nose on yourself...YUCK.A lady working at Tim Hortons didn't want to take my coffee $$$ because my sleeve looked all snotty.....LOL
          We love him just the same and are learning to bring clean shirts with us on a road trip with Sampson.On the bright side...for those of us who have huge droolers...must be awfully wonderful dogs for us not to mind.They are speial.:+

Comment

Oscar mainly drools when he gets a drink and when he is playing. We just put fresh paint in the dining room and living room and I swear there is drool marks almost up to the ceiling. We have learned though to keep a towel in every room.

Comment

Yeah --- ewwww when they dry!! The other night as I was going to bed I saw a big frothy slobber across my TV. I tried to wipe it off but it was somewhat dry and I just went to bed. Hubby thought there was a crack in the TV! No honey...just dried slobber.

Comment

Mister Clean Magic Eraser is wonderful at getting dried droll off of every surface!

Comment

Both of mine don't drool,except when buming food (to be expected).They do how ever make a mess when drinking water.I have a splash pan down to catch most of the mess.I have found that,the less lippy a dog is the less they drool.....
                  Gayle

Comment

What about the "black drool", I'm always wiping that off of my walls!

-Ericka
                    Mom to:
                    Java (Dane, 20 mos)
                    Mickey (Dane, 10 mos)
                    Charlie (Cockatiel, 3 yrs)
                    Angel (Cockatiel, age unknown)

Comment

Juctice isn't very lippy has a very dry mouth except after he drinks, of course

I do have the occasional black, dried flinger on my walls, though. Especially in my bedroom, because he gets up in the morning and gives the morning head shake and stretch.

Tracy

Comment

Gabe drools when he's excited and while we are playing. Those are the thick white foamy drools. While we are eating it's like water running from his mouth. Of course after a drink of water I keep towels handy as he's sure to have a long slimey drip of slobber waiting to be wiped.

Comment

>They do how ever make a mess when drinking water.

I wonder if it has something to do with how they drink, in addition to the loose jowls. Khan always laps up his water, and doesn't make any kind of mess. Pan sort of bites at it, and always makes a big mess. Maybe those sexy lips just get in the way :*

Suja

Comment

Duke doesn't drool much except for when he drinks water and that always seems to be the time he wants to come over to you and give you kisses or lay on you. It's a big joke in our house, as soon as he drinks water we all start running and Duke thinks were playing and runs after us. We always laugh at the one who finally gets it with the water.

DukesMom
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...m/duke3dol.jpg

Comment

Here's a good illustration of the "drink drool":

http://www.gdohosting.com/dolforum/d...Java_drink.JPG

-Ericka
                              Mom to:
                              Java (Dane, 20 mos)
                              Mickey (Dane, 10 mos)
                              Charlie (Cockatiel, 3 yrs)
                              Angel (Cockatiel, age unknown)

Comment

Working...
                              X