Male vs Female

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male vs Female

I would like to ask, I had a male dobermann and a female dobermann together. The male had to be put down for health reasons. Now I presently have two females. I found the male and female bitched less with each other than the two females. Would it be best to get a male great dane or female to join our home. Does it make a difference withih this breed? With my expereice with dobes the females are easier to train and they don't give off as much attitude as the males. Is this the same with great danes?

tks samiam

RE: Male vs Female

I would get a male. I have always found with my own dogs that three of the same sex is a mistake. They gang up on the lesser one and pick on it. You know, two's company and three's a crowd.

Comment

I have 5 females(2 Great Danes, 2 Labs and a German Shorthair) in the house and they all get along fine.

Dale
      sigpic
      Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
      Associate Member GDCNE
      Member GSPCA
      Member NAVHDA
      Member Central Maine Kennel Club
      High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

We have 3 females: I dominant Dane, 1 submissive Dane and a dominant Greyhound/Lab. I would not add another female to our mix.
        ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

I would add a male. Our boy has never had an attitude or aggression issue. And he was easy to train. I will probably never own a female.

Comment

From my experience doing rescue and bringing in various dogs both male and female...I would suggest a male.

Comment

It would best to get a male...already having 2 females who "bitch" at eachother, adding another BITCH wouldnt be a good idea. Not that the female dane would be the aggressor, the 2 female dobs may not like the idea. Sometimes bitches and be worse then males when it comes to same sex aggression.

Comment

Yes sometimes that can occir...but u never know...to each "her" own. It all depends on the attitude of each individual bitch. Some may never own a "bitch aggrssive" female, there are some who have owned many". If u dont want to risk that, get a male.

Comment

I have 2 males, 2 females. 1 male Dane, 1 female Dane, a male GSD and a female mix.

Never had a problem with the males, never had a problem with the females. But my female Dane and male GSD have some "issues" every now and again.

Nikki and the hounds of Vogels and LDCR

Comment

IMO, I think dogs are like people some are more aggresive than others and some can tollerate more **** that others!
                    I have 3 females, and they all get along great. But, everyone has their moments :P LOL

Comment

I have 5 females and 2 males. They all get along great.
                      Angie, proud mama to 1 Great Dane, Mira and 3 mixes, 1 cat, 3 snakes and fish...also mama to 3 y/o identical twin girls

Comment

What a beautiful dog!!! You finally got a picture up, smart aleck!! I still don't know how.
                        ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

>What a beautiful dog!!! You finally got a picture up, smart
                          >aleck!! I still don't know how.

Thanks! Its not hard to get them to work, only took me 8 hours to figure it out now my problem is after so many posts they disappear and I have to go back and redo them ;-)
                          Angie, proud mama to 1 Great Dane, Mira and 3 mixes, 1 cat, 3 snakes and fish...also mama to 3 y/o identical twin girls

Comment

Oh my gosh is that a beautiful dane (well, they all are...but wow!). Now how come we haven't seen her before or did I just miss her?? Seems she'd be hard to miss..and what a beautiful photo!!

Thanks for sharing!

Ok, I know that was off topic...but couldn't help myself. As for the male vs. female thing... I think if I had two 'bickering' females already, I would get a male. As for ease of training, I don't know that one or the other is any easier... some males can be difficult...but I've know difficult females too. Depends on the dog.... they are all individuals...that's for sure!

:*

Patti
                            Andre 1/23/2002 - 12/27/2009: I loved you all your life...and I shall miss you for the rest of mine.

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree that is one very stunning dog. She just really stands out.
                              I have both male and female and they have different things about them that are hard and that are easy.
                              With two females already I would get a male.

Comment

Working...
                              X