Is there a hight-weight chart for Danes? and other stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a hight-weight chart for Danes? and other stuff

Is there a hight-weight chart for Danes? You know the kind we have, "If you are this tall your weight should be this".

Also what is MSM?

And

What do Oxydrops do and why should I use them. (I got a free bottle in my Nzyme order).

RE: Is there a hight-weight chart for Danes? and other stuff

http://www.flash.net/~dby/ht&wt.htm

Comment

Remember the chart is just a guideline. Puppies should be nice and thin!

MSM stands for a long chemical name I can't recall, it is a joint supplement.

Oxydrops...well Tess and I are still trying to figure these things out LOL. There is some info on them in the supplements thread in the diet area. Linda Arndt likes them. Sorry, that's all I know!

Comment

Thanks for the chart link. I was starting to think max was to big. But I see now he is just right. Make sure you post that info on the Oxydrops as soon as you get it.

Thanks again

Comment

The info is on this site:

http://www.greatdanelady.com/article...guidelines.htm

I'd be interested in what you think of both products, as I'm considering ordering them based on her recommendation.

Thanks!

Comment

I supplement with MSM made by Solid Gold. Here is some info I had tucked away about it....

>>11. How does MSM help with allergies?

Allergies are reactions set off by a breakdown in the normal functioning of the body's immune system. When this happens, a varied range of symptoms are manifested, including sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, headaches, and sleepiness, other reactions include hives, stomachache, and sore throat. MSM goes straight to the cause of allergic reactions. In this website you learned that MSM softens the skin. It does this by softening the walls of the body's cells, which are then more easily penetrated, allowing enemy substances to be flushed out. Flushing these allergens out of the body eliminates the need for the body to react allergic ally to get rid of them. This process cannot happen when the cell walls are hard and impenetrable. MSM prevents allergic reactions by coating the gastrointestinal tract in a way that makes allergen bonding impossible. Research has shown that daily doses of MSM have substantially increased resistance to environmental, food, or drug allergens. John Metcalf, D.V.M. began experimenting with MSM on his horses with amazing benefits which in turn lead him to use MSM on his own allergies. He used 2000 mg. twice a day. Being an avid researcher, Dr. Metcalf periodically stopped the MSM to go back on his usual dosage of antihistamines until he was convinced of the effectiveness of MSM.

12. How does MSM help with parasites?

MSM has proven to be a very effective treatment for parasites. Research shows that MSM works by laying a coating over the intestinal areas where some types of parasites normally attach themselves. This coating makes it impossible for parasites to attach themselves to your body. Since they are not attached to your body, the parasites are simply flushed out of your system through the process of elimination. MSM can be used against worms, giardia, trichomonas, and other types of parasites. Making sure that you have an adequate daily intake of MSM can help to ensure that the parasites do not have a chance to make themselves at home inside your body. MSM has the ability to return the parasite susceptible tissue to normalcy with no impairment or injury to host. MSM has an alleviating or curing effect on a variety of parasitic systemic microbial infections.<<

I know it's also used for joint therapy?
            Mandi

Comment

My ears perked up reading about preventing parasites, since we had a problem earlier with giardia and it looks like the dogs' yard is going to be one huge mud hole all winter. (My understanding is that it doesn't do anything to prevent joint problems, however.) So how much MSM do you use?

Comment

I think it's 1/8 teaspoon per 30 lbs of body weight. That's what it says on the back of the container.
                Mandi

Comment

Wow Mandi! Thanks. I had no idea MSM had any benefits other than supposedly being good for joints. Good to know!

Comment

Did I miss something? who is Max?

Comment

Hmmm. I missed that until you pointed it out.
                      Danielle I thought was Caesar's mommy? Maybe they changed his name? Or have another dog?

Comment

Yes, I think Danielle has two. A pup and a two year old, if I'm not mistaken.
                        Mandi

Comment

Yes, we have two Danes. We have Maximus (Black/white) he's 2 and we got him while we where in Belgium, he's a very big boy. Then there is the new little guy Caeser (Fawn) he's 9 weeks tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X