Shedding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shedding

Just wondering ... Gunner is 6 months old, 85 to 90 lbs. and seems to be shedding a lot(well, more than I would think for this time of year) ... is this normal? I didn't really think this would happen in the winter.

We have him on Eagle Pack, and his favorite snacks are frozen baby carrots ... so he's getting a really good food. His coat is very nice and shiny too ... he sure looks healthy!

Any feedback you could give me would be helpful!

Gunners Mom

RE: Shedding

Sounds like he is blowing his first coat, Marley is too. I could make a sweater from all that dang hair! this is usually the worst, he will still shed twice a year but not quite as bad as the first one.

Comment

Gypsy is 9 months old and she is shedding to beat the band. I put my bedspread in the washer the other day and clogged it up so badly the water wouldn't drain! I'm thinking she's blowing her puppy coat?

Comment

Hey all- same problem here! Ness is 7 months old and about 80 pounds and shedding like crazy!!! I swear I have to vacuum and sweep the floor 2 times a day, let alone wash the bedding. I assume she is blowing here puppy coat also. To help, I brush her outside once a day. So far the weather has been nice, so I don't mind being out there!

Take care,

Stacey, Joeby and Ness

Comment

Well, we're batting 1000 here. Jazzy is shedding like crazy as well. And it's been cold here! I hadn't thought about the puppy coat thingee, but now it makes sense!

Mona & JazzyBell

Comment

Thanks all ... at least we're not the only ones! Maybe I should stuff the bed he just tore up with all his fur!

Gunners Mom

Comment

I posted somewhere else about this. I'm told to put some cheap foaming bath oil on the dog and let her wear it for the day, then bathe her. Supposed to help get rid of all the hair pretty quickly.

Comment

> Maybe I
                >should stuff the bed he just tore up with all his fur!
                >

LOL! trust me he will just rip into again. I thought if I repaired Marley's mattress he would leave it alone. Wrong! once he started on it he just couldn't stop. I ended up throwing it out. x( You would think all that extra hair would be enough cushioning to sleep on.

Comment

Working...
                X