Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Right for us?

Hi Brandi!
    Everyone has made some great points for you to consider.

I was in a very similar situation when my husband switched jobs. He now travels a lot; I have the same size house and yard, always wanted a Dane, and wanted a sense of security. We added a male Dane to our household and I've never regretted it. I'm a total chicken :-) but I am never afraid with Chaos here. I think our whole neighborhood knows this is "the house where the BIG DOG lives"!

He is a big baby at almost 2 (a toy this Christmas scared him so much he had to climb in Mom's lap to be safe ;-)) but I have NO doubt he would protect his Mom and his whole family, if necessary. Once at a rest stop he took an instant dislike to a man, even growling at him. VERY out of character. The man seemed nice enough but I truly believe Chaos had a good reason to dislike him.
    I have a 9 yr old and a 7 yr old and tons of kids, often unfamiliar to Chaos, are through the house all the time and I never worry that he will hurt them.

Chaos has been the perfect dog for me and my family. He makes me feel secure from strangers AND as a trusted family pet. Keep researching Danes and good luck picking your perfect dog!

Autumn

Comment

Working...
    X