• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water for puppy

how much water should a 8 mo puppy drink in 24 hrs thanks ken

RE: water for puppy

Hi Ken and WELCOME,

Can you give a few more details about your pup? ~ What amt of water is s(he) drinking now?

~Bonnie~
    May ♥ The ♥ Paw ♥ Be ♥ With ♥ You!

Comment

Welcome to DOL!

I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you a specific amount as every pup is different, plus climates, temps, diet, activity, etc. all factor in. I keep clean water down in my kitchen at most all times, although I don't allow access to H20 during normal crating in the house. I also had to restrict my first Dane's water intake after 7-8 at night or he was up peeing all night. <G>

Do you think your pup is drinking too much? or too little? If you're concerned that the pup's intake seems extreme, you might want to have him/her to the vet to rule out any medical conditions.

Bev
      Bev
      Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with Bev. One other thing is that I have noticed my Dane drinks a lot more water than any other dog I've ever had. Lots of folks have posted on this site because their Dane drinks a lot of water, so apparently it isn't uncommon.

Comment

I would watch not so much the quantity of water that your puppy takes but when he/she drinks the water. I would limit water intake after hard playing or right after eating due to possibility of bloat. My breeder had given me that advice. I still abide by it with my 9yr old pup. Good luck with your pup.

Comment

Welcome to DOL! My Mastiff is and always has been a big drinker (of water LOL) And my Dane likes to lick water off of things rather than drink from a bowl, i.e. the window condensation, my legs when i get out of the shower, yuck, the grass etc.

Comment

Working...
            X