Weird formation of head?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Weird formation of head?

ROFL If our poor kids only knew what we say about them! I always tell people that Baloo has the bump because his brains haven't grown in yet. But seriously, some dane lines have heads that mature slower/ differently than others. my fawns have heads with almost no stop and the bump an the head when they are young. The stop comes and the bump fades as they hit about 6 months. Baloo still has his bump there but it is almost not visible anymore at a year. And he still doesn't have any brains.This is why it helps to know your lines and how they develop. I almost sent Baloo to a pet home due to his lack of stop. If you look at him today you would never imagine that collie looking thing that he was.The occiput is the same thing,although I had not equated it with neck developement before,it sure fits. As the neck develops the bump fades. I also see it more in the real slim dogs,which mine is not,BTW. Shirley

Comment

My seven month old dane has that point too. Someone told me it is a "smart bump". She said you can judge a dogs adult size by the bump on the head??. My pup's is pretty large, so he must going to be a GIGANTIC boy

Comment

"...defenestrate....."

OOOOhhhhh OOOOOhhhh Mista Kotta I know the answer you're looking for!!:P

Comment

i have to ask...what does <G> mean? i am unfamiliar with that one! thanks!

Katie in AZ

Comment

Katie, I think it means "grin" - but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I found this blog that answered most of my questions about my danes OCCIPUT protruberance, but had an additional question: what could cause the occiput to be more pronounced at times? Dehydration? Neck strain, like being pulled on leash? Etc. Thank you! Dr Miller

Comment

Hi everyone, first time Dane owner. Buckley's occiput is pretty big we joke that it's because he's part unicorn. But we've had a LOT of people tell us how tall he is, especially other Dane owners he's 15 months old so probably done growing right?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisterr View Post
                  Hi everyone, first time Dane owner. Buckley's occiput is pretty big we joke that it's because he's part unicorn. But we've had a LOT of people tell us how tall he is, especially other Dane owners he's 15 months old so probably done growing right?
                  Hes still growing albeit at a much slower rate.

Comment

Working...
                  X