Harlequin spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlequin spots

I recently rescued a Harlequin. I was told that they believed him to be around 5 years old. He is mainly white with 2 large black patches, split-black head, and a few small black splotches. Under his white coat are dozens of grey spots. Will these continue to darken, until they are black? At what age are all of the spots as dark as they will ever be?

congrats and thanks for rescuing! he sounds more like a piebald than a harl. i'll attach a photo of my harl girl for your comparison. the gray spots under your guy's coat are actually the coloring on his skin, not his fur and they will not darken. the dark spots they are born with is what they will have as adults.

this is destiny...

this is an example of a piebald.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

He's got to be a Piebald. Destiny's a beauty!

Comment

Comment

thank you! she is 10.5 years old and going strong.

your photo doesn't show up. DOL has been having issues with posting pictures for quite some time. i use Imgur (it's like photobucket), very user friendly. i wish DOL would fix this issue!!!
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

You have to pay more money for them to fix anything. They ruined Paul's incredible site. It's a shame.
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

No, you don't need to pay more that I'm aware of.. they have never mentioned that being the case when I have spoken to them....It's Paul's son and daughter in law that run the site now..
              sigpic
              Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
              Associate Member GDCNE
              Member GSPCA
              Member NAVHDA
              Member Central Maine Kennel Club
              High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

I was just being passive aggressive and I'm just bitter, honestly. They made a HUGE deal out of fund raising for "improvements" and revamping the whole site to make it so much "better" and I feel like it's just a clusterfark instead. I miss old DOL and I lash out because of it.
                ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Yea that's a piebald. Have one myself. They're known as Plattenhund in German. Mantle head, usually one splotch of black, and spots on the skin. Some of the spots may start to "bleed" into the coat as they age but not very much.

Here's my 6 yr old Piebald.

Comment

Working...
                  X