Another question about raw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question about raw

After Apollo had his raw day he had a little diarea , not much and easiely controlled but I wonder if that is a sign that his system doesn't stomach it, pun intended ....
    Thank you
    sigpic

not at all unusual for a dog to get soft stools/diarrhea when a new food is introduced. It can take 6 -8 weeks for the system to adjust.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

i assume you're feeding chicken only at this point? try removing the skin and adding more bone-heavy pieces like backs. a little diarrhea isn't unusual when you're first starting raw. i've never seen it last more than 2 or 3 days with any dog i've switched.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Yes only doing chicken at this time . Thanks again Ladies ,have a great weekend
        sigpic

Comment

you, too!! it's finally spring here and if my pack wasn't so lazy, we'd be out roaming the woods. lol
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Also, be sure that your chicken doesn't have any sodium solutions injected into it. Often, human-grade chicken from the grocery will have a solution injected and that gives dogs diarrhea. I buy the 10 lb bags of chicken quarters from Walmart and they don't cause any issues with my dogs.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X