X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dadam334
    started a topic Getting Started

Getting Started

Hi! So Iím looking to start breeding my 11mos blue harlequin male puppy, but I am unsure to where to start in the process. Any advice?
    Apollo Apollo

• Michelle L
    replied
    Originally posted by dadam334 View Post
    Hi! So Iím looking to start breeding my 11mos blue harlequin male puppy, but I am unsure to where to start in the process. Any advice?
    A blue harlequin should be neutered and never bred. It's not an accepted color and should be eliminated from the gene pool; please read and study the standard set forth by the GDCA.

Leave a comment:

• Charlene
    replied
    that pretty much says it all!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    To be a responsible breeder: 1) ALWAYS Breed to breed standard 2) NEVER breed under 2 years of age 3) NEVER breed before all health testing has been done and passed.. not just simple vet exams bu.. OFA or PennHip on hips OFA on heart & thyroid, OFA/CERF on eyes... also in the harlequin family DNA color testing.. 4) NEVER breed anything less then an impeccable pedigree 5) NEVER breed unaccepted colors 6) ALWAYS breed for stable temperament 7) ALWAYS breed for health and longevity... 8) NEVER EVER breed unless you have something of value to add back to the breed to help improve the breed and NOT just a litter of puppies... 9) ALWAYS expect ANY dog you breed to , to follow the same criteria and nothing less... Of you can't breed for the entire package, can't breed responsibly do NOT breed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X