Is he still growing at 3 years old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he still growing at 3 years old

I am wondering when Great Danes stop growing? I have a 3 year old boy that is 37 inches and 178 pounds and I'm sure he is still growing. Along with this he seems to be going through a second puppy stage. We re-homed him from a lady that could't look after him so I don't know too much about him as a puppy.

usually about age two for height and finish filling in around age three, but Ive definitely heard of danes gaining height between 2-3. They are all a little different. You have a big boy! Thank you taking him, I hope you are enjoying him. Maybe he's giving you some puppy attitude since you missed out on that part... lol
    sigpic"To Err is human, to forgive canine"

Comment

He is my gorgeous boy and I love everything, especially the cuddles in bed in the morning. His puppy stage is adorable and I love his antics when he sees his food bowl.

Comment

My current girl grew in height until just past her 3 yr birthday and filled out between 3 &4.. My boy stopped growing in height at 12 months and was filled out by the time he was 2.. How they grow and fill out depends on bloodlines.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
        X