Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So excited and can you check out my baby Dane?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://marketplace.akc.org/true-bles...eat-dane-89003

Here they are on the AKC registry...what do you think? It's the same website.

Comment

Originally posted by caseynjason View Post
      http://marketplace.akc.org/true-bles...eat-dane-89003

Here they are on the AKC registry...what do you think? It's the same website.
      The AKC market place is not an endorsement of quality.. it is simply a place where people can advertise their dogs/puppies for sale for a fee... As far as the breeder all I can say is YIKES! I would suggest running far and fast!!! way, way too many red flags... breeds multiple different breeds, advertises "Euro" ..(there is no such thing as "Euro" Danes.. the standard is virtually the same no matter country of origin and responsible breeders never advertise "Euro" ), the show in a less then legit registry which means the "showing" means nothing, they deal with registries such as ACA and APRI...no responsible breeders ever deal with those registries, they have far too many Danes in their breeding program, they way over vaccinate which can lead to issues later on, they aren't breeding good quality Danes, they are breeding off colors...list goes on... sorry
      Last edited by kahluadanes; 04-19-2017, 03:30 PM.
      sigpic
      Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
      Associate Member GDCNE
      Member GSPCA
      Member NAVHDA
      Member Central Maine Kennel Club
      High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Ok, I guess I've learned a lot...thank you so much for being honest. I honestly didn't realize.

Comment

Sorry I know it is hard to find out that a breeder you thought was good isn't... I know it is disappointing... but it is better to know now and back away than to find out later on... (Also the adults have not had hips, eyes or thyroid done which along with heart are the important tests to be done before breeding)
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Originally posted by caseynjason View Post
            You know, I've read how hard you all are on breeders, and I understand, and that is why I did my homework. That is not the question I asked. I knew you guys would find something wrong with it no matter how much I felt it was a good situation. I am still very happy with him; these are their pets, their love, and their passion and they have done a great job. He is socializing the litter now that they are 6 weeks (playtime outside, with older pups and a few new people), putting hanging toys in their den, and cares about their development. He brings them in to start potty training before we pick them up. The dad was not on site; I saw a picture of him. His brother was there, as well as his Grandma who was retired inside the home being very content. There were 2 other moms with litters that were older. Can you guys ever be open minded that it "might" be an ok situation? I feel it is safe and I will have a healthy pup. There website has a whole section on berating us to do our homework on breeders and what the standards should be and what to look for.
            Hi there again. Sorry it took so long to respond, but I'm in grad school and today was hellish. I certainly didn't mean for my post to come off as harsh or rude in any way. I learned my lesson the hard way, so I try to help others learn from my mistake. But I didn't have any time to elaborate yesterday, so I probably sounded curt. At any rate, I hate seeing people taken advantage of, especially as the unethical breeders these days sometimes charge as much or more than the ethical ones!

My BYB Dane was fortunate in that she lived to be twelve, however she didn't look or act like a well-bred Dane. Yes, I loved her, but after she passed I resolved to only rescue or buy from a breeder in the future. We rescued our current Dane when he was about five months. Because he's a rescue, he's very likely to have come from poor lines, but we decided to take the chance anyway. His adoption fee was $650 I believe. And we got insurance on him from day one (well, 14-day waiting period) as we didn't want any nasty surprise vet bills. He looks a lot more like a Dane than our first but is VERY small for a male. Suits me fine given our lifestyle and our two young boys, beacause even as a "petite" 115 lb Dane, Zoomer has knocked us over at times and put some dents in drywall while doing "Zoomies" in the house. Ugh.

At any rate, I read your more recent posts and am glad you are reconsidering. A well-bred Dane is SO worth the wait. And welcome to DOL - something I should have said last night!

-Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

that is definitely one of the best websites i've ever seen that masks the "real deal"!

to me, the inexperienced prospective dane parent would be wise to start with color. read the color standard, pick out what you like the best, then find breeders who breed for that. once you find those breeders, start weeding them out by who shows/health tests, etc. then you can contact the reputable breeders you find and start your puppy search.

reputable breeders WILL have "pet" puppies, it's inevitable that all of their pups won't necessarily be future show dogs. develop a good relationship with a reputable breeder and you will have a friend for life, one who will stand behind their pups 100% for their entire lives.

i know it's discouraging to think you may have to wait many months for a puppy but it is SO SO SO worth it!!! i've had 7 danes over the past 10 years. only one of them came from the best breeder out there, to my way of thinking. she retired one of her show girls and after being on that list for several years, i finally got my Divine Acres dane. all of my others (and all of my future danes) were/will be from rescue.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X